LPub3D camera pan / zoom / position configuration

LPub3D camera pan / zoom / position configuration
Hi all,

I started using LPub3D and would like to ask for help with camera pan / zoom /position configuration.

The model is designed with LDCad, the camera angles are set by Ctrl+B and double checked with B keyboard shortcut. Opening the model with LPub3D shows the correct camera angles. As far as I understand, the LDCad camera pan / zoom / position is not saved (ROTSTEP is used which stores only angles). So I tried to adjust the camera pan / zoom / position in the Visual Editor, but I can't get LPub3D to use this setting for the instruction (I only found the "Apply ROTSTEP" button which does not help as the angles are already ok). Please see the attached image.

Thank you very much for any help or hint. Smile
Best regards
Stefan

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: LPub3D camera pan / zoom / position configuration
Does this suggestion in a post on the EuroBricks forum help?

David
Hi David,

thank you very much for your answer. I didn't know the ModelCenter argument. Smile
As far as I understand now and what I tried yet is: it is not possible in LPub3D to have the camera positioned per step. Sad 
But maybe the linked thread helps - I will report after trying...

Best regards
Stefan
Yes, this helped: the combination of selecting a part and after that "safe camera" changed the position of the camera by inserting commands like:
Code:
0 !LPUB ASSEM CAMERA_ANGLES LOCAL  6.00  0.00
0 !LPUB ASSEM CAMERA_POSITION LOCAL 0.0000 0.0000 -781.2500
0 !LPUB ASSEM CAMERA_TARGET LOCAL 3.5355 69.0143 -127.5360
0 !LPUB ASSEM CAMERA_UPVECTOR LOCAL 0.0006 -0.9945 0.1050

Thank you very much, David! Smile
If it may be seen by ones who also struggle: there are more options to set zoom / pan / position / lookat. Like so:
Code:
0 !LPUB ASSEM CAMERA_ANGLES LOCAL  7.00  2.00
0 !LPUB ASSEM MODEL_SCALE LOCAL  0.4579
0 !LPUB ASSEM CAMERA_UPVECTOR LOCAL 0 -1 0
0 !LPUB ASSEM CAMERA_DISTANCE LOCAL 10213236.0000
0 !LPUB ASSEM CAMERA_POSITION LOCAL -4.3299 10.3925 -1861.8821
0 !LPUB ASSEM CAMERA_TARGET LOCAL -59.7853 186.0640 -442.2720

Some of them seem to have some kind of "intelligence", i.e. even for the same camera settings the perspective is changed sometimes (I guess: if the bounding box of displayed parts changes).
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »