2431pb580

2431pb580
Hi

Can anyone please make this part for me?
2431pb580
As soon as possible please Smile
RE: 2431pb580
I'll take it.
Please give me a few days.
(2021-08-14, 13:39)Takeshi Takahashi Wrote: I'll take it.
Please give me a few days.

Thanks Smile
Completed, now on PT!!
https://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.c...431p07.dat
(2021-08-15, 14:16)Takeshi Takahashi Wrote: Completed, now on PT!!
https://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.c...431p07.dat

Thanks Smile
Can anyone tell me why LPub3D shows the part like this ??
[Image: Pic04.png]
In LDCad the part is shown correctly.
[Image: Pic05.png]

I have this issue with a couple of other parts and i cant seem to find the reason why.

All other parts  - i know of - are shown correctly in LPub3D
If I had to guess, you downloaded the main part file, but not its subparts. I'm guessing you're using zip-based unofficial parts in LDCad, so don't have that problem.
(2021-08-17, 16:11)Travis Cobbs Wrote: If I had to guess, you downloaded the main part file, but not its subparts. I'm guessing you're using zip-based unofficial parts in LDCad, so don't have that problem.

Hi Travis

thanks for the reply, but i have downloaded the subfiles as well.
The have been downloaded to these dirs:
c:\Users\Public\Documents\LDraw\Unofficial\Parts
c:\Users\Public\Documents\LDraw\Unofficial\Parts\s

I cant find anything in LPub3D regarding zip files??

this is the content of my search dirs in LPUb3D:
[LDrawSearch]
1=<MODELDIR>
2=<LDRAWDIR>\p
3=<LDRAWDIR>\parts
4=<LDRAWDIR>\models
5=<LDRAWDIR>\Unofficial\p
6=<LDRAWDIR>\Unofficial\Parts
7=<LDRAWDIR>\Unofficial\Custom
8=<LDRAWDIR>\Unofficial\Hoses
9=<LDRAWDIR>\Unofficial\Stickers
10=<LDRAWDIR>\Unofficial\Models
11=<LDRAWDIR>\Unofficial\LSynth
12=<LDRAWDIR>\Unofficial\Helper
13=C:\Users\snake\AppData\Local\LPub3D Software\LPub3D\LEGOcustom\p
14=C:\Users\snake\AppData\Local\LPub3D Software\LPub3D\LEGOcustom\parts
Another example is
63965.dat
and
63965a.dat

they are both shown correctly in LDCad

[Image: Pic07.png]

But in LPub3D 63965a.dat is not shown correctly:
[Image: Pic06.png]

I have compared the two files and they are both in my Parts folder and looks like the refer to the same sub files.
the subfiles are also present where they are supposed to be.
I have also checked the file incoding just to see if that was the issue, but they are both UTF-8 according to Notepad++
Your original message specifically stated that it didn't display correctly in LPub3D, but did in "LDCad". That was the entire basis for my reply. Your reply below says that it displays correctly in "LDraw", but not in LPub3D. I think that you are confused about terms, and are substituting incorrect words at times that you mean to say "LDView". I'm not positive about this, but your posts strongly imply this to be the case. To be clear:

• LDraw is the brand for everything relating to the LDraw parts library. The parts library was created in the 1990s by James Jessiman. He died in 1997, and the library subsequently became part of ldraw.org. There is occasional confusion about the fact that James also created a DOS program called ldraw.exe to display LDraw models. However, for all intents and purposes, "LDraw" is not a program.
  • LDraw models are 3D models created using the LDraw parts library.
  • LDCad is a specific program that uses the LDraw parts library to build LDraw models. As far as I know, it supports using zip files for both official parts and unofficial parts.
  • LDView is a program that I created to view LDraw models.

If my belief is correct about your confusing the meanings of the above terms, then my best guess it that your LPub3D is configured with a different root LDraw directory than your LDView. Alternatively, maybe you are using a different renderer in LPub3D, although I don't know enough about LPub3D to know if that would be a problem.
(2021-08-18, 16:53)Travis Cobbs Wrote: Your original message specifically stated that it didn't display correctly in LPub3D, but did in "LDCad". That was the entire basis for my reply. Your reply below says that it displays correctly in "LDraw", but not in LPub3D. I think that you are confused about terms, and are substituting incorrect words at times that you mean to say "LDView". I'm not positive about this, but your posts strongly imply this to be the case. To be clear:

• LDraw is the brand for everything relating to the LDraw parts library. The parts library was created in the 1990s by James Jessiman. He died in 1997, and the library subsequently became part of ldraw.org. There is occasional confusion about the fact that James also created a DOS program called ldraw.exe to display LDraw models. However, for all intents and purposes, "LDraw" is not a program.
  • LDraw models are 3D models created using the LDraw parts library.
  • LDCad is a specific program that uses the LDraw parts library to build LDraw models. As far as I know, it supports using zip files for both official parts and unofficial parts.
  • LDView is a program that I created to view LDraw models.

If my belief is correct about your confusing the meanings of the above terms, then my best guess it that your LPub3D is configured with a different root LDraw directory than your LDView. Alternatively, maybe you are using a different renderer in LPub3D, although I don't know enough about LPub3D to know if that would be a problem.

Hi Travis

Sorry - my mistake.
I ment LDCad not LDraw- i have updated the post.
The parts are shown correctly in LDraw and are not show correctly in LPub3D
I have tried opening my test file in LDView and the mentioned parts are showing correctly there also

As you mentioned something about the renderer i tried switching renderer in LPub3D from native to ldview as renderer and that fixed my problem.
So now i have to figure out why the native renderer does this Smile
(2021-08-18, 17:04)Knud Ahrnell Albrechtsen Wrote: I ment LDCad not LDraw- i have updated the post.
The parts are shown correctly in LDraw and are not show correctly in LPub3D

You did it again (emphasis mine). Please note that it is pretty much impossible to get your questions answered when you repeatedly mix up terms.

(2021-08-18, 17:04)Knud Ahrnell Albrechtsen Wrote: So now i have to figure out why the native renderer does this Smile

I can't help you there. Good luck.
Have you tried to refresh unofficial files in the tools menu ?

An other question, what is your rendering engine with LPub3D, the native one (based on Leocad), or LDView ?
(2021-08-19, 4:04)Bertrand Lequy Wrote: Have you tried to refresh unofficial files in the tools menu ?

An other question, what is your rendering engine with LPub3D, the native one (based on Leocad), or LDView ?

Hi Bertrand
When i try to refresh i get an error:
[Image: Pic08.png]

I use the native renderer as this used to be the fastest one.
I tried changing to LDView as renderer and that seems to fix the problem.
But i would like to have the problem in the native renderer fixed Smile
(2021-08-19, 4:19)Knud Ahrnell Albrechtsen Wrote: Hi Bertrand
When i try to refresh i get an error:
[Image: Pic08.png]

I use the native renderer as this used to be the fastest one.
I tried changing to LDView as renderer and that seems to fix the problem.
But i would like to have the problem in the native renderer fixed Smile
Ok, I asked what was your renderer to now where the problem begins. If LDView deals correctly with this issue, the problem cames from LPub3D itself.

I'm not sure to be helpfull after that since I use LDView as a renderer.

Can you try to add an other random unofficial part with subfile to see what happen ?

Have you try the "archive on launch" feature in the tool menu too ?

Last but not least, which version are you using ?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »