Converting LXF to LDR for LeoCAD

Converting LXF to LDR for LeoCAD
I am converting the LXF models I have into LDR files since it will seem LeoCAD is going to be around for awhile. But some of my converted files do not show all the bricks and instead show these color cube things that are not LEGO bricks but are cubes.

Do I need to do anything else to fix this and just wait for a future version of LeoCAD to add these missing bricks to LeoCAD, or do I need to do something to ensure bricks are not missing during the covering from LXF to LDR process?

I am using LDD 4.3.12 and LeoCAD 21.03
RE: Converting LXF to LDR for LeoCAD
(2021-04-27, 23:04)yevillustd Wrote: I am converting the LXF models I have into LDR files since it will seem LeoCAD is going to be around for awhile. But some of my converted files do not show all the bricks and instead show these color cube things that are not LEGO bricks but are cubes.

Do I need to do anything else to fix this and just wait for a future version of LeoCAD to add these missing bricks to LeoCAD, or do I need to do something to ensure bricks are not missing during the covering from LXF to LDR process?

I am using LDD 4.3.12 and LeoCAD 21.03

Before exporting your models from LDD, did you replace the standard ldraw.xml file with the most recent version (see this EuroBricks forum thread for more details).

You may also want to reflect on using LDCad for modelling rather than LeoCAD.

Regards,

David
(2021-04-28, 20:43)David Manley Wrote: Before exporting your models from LDD, did you replace the standard ldraw.xml file with the most recent version (see this EuroBricks forum thread for more details).

You may also want to reflect on using LDCad for modelling rather than LeoCAD.

Regards,

David

What is the difference from LDCad to LeoCAD besides LeoCAD being open source and being available on MacOS?
(2021-04-29, 3:24)yevillustd Wrote: What is the difference from LDCad to LeoCAD besides LeoCAD being open source and being available on MacOS?

LDCad has part snapping and excellent flexible part support. That said, if you're on MacOS, LeoCAD is your only good option.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »