Sheet Plastic

Sheet Plastic
In reference to this part:
In many ways this part is the same as a sticker: it comes on a die cut sheet and it has the same number scheme as stickers. My question is, should we treat it as a sticker with the 7 digit number and an "a" suffix, no unpatterned version, and hard coded top color or treat it as a normal part and use the 5 digit number like Rebrickable does?
RE: Sheet Plastic
(2021-04-18, 12:56)Orion Pobursky Wrote:
In many ways this part is the same as a sticker: it comes on a die cut sheet and it has the same number scheme as stickers. My question is, should we treat it as a sticker with the 7 digit number and an "a" suffix, no unpatterned version, and hard coded top color or treat it as a normal part and use the 5 digit number like Rebrickable does?

For what it is worth, these sails are named 36069 a and b and patterned versions 36069ap01 / 36069bp01
RE: Sheet Plastic
(2021-04-18, 12:56)Orion Pobursky Wrote:

My personal opinion is that while it is indeed extremely similar to a sticker, it is still a standalone part. A sticker must be (basically permanently) stuck to another part, while this one stays separate. So to me it makes more sense to use a 5 digit number. However, I'm not sure if an appropriate 5 digit number exists.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »