LDCad Download Unofficial Parts

Download Unofficial Parts
Is there a way to "force" LDCad to search for/download unofficial parts while opening a model? Kind of like in LDView?
RE: Download Unofficial Parts
(2021-04-07, 16:00)Miguel Reizinho Wrote: Is there a way to "force" LDCad to search for/download unofficial parts while opening a model? Kind of like in LDView?

No. Just add the library with all unofficial parts:

http://www.melkert.net/LDCad/faq#faq_unoflib

w.
LEGO ergo sum
Nope, not a viable solution. I don't want my Unofficial Parts folder full of files that I have no need. I want to add them on demand, if I used them in a model. I have this OCD thing that, whenever there is a LDraw part update, to have a look at the Parts folder and Unofficial parts folder and compare the files for duplicates.

Right now, when LDCad detects a part missing, what I do is open that model with LDView and allow it to download the missing file. It works for me but it's the sole reason to launch LDView these days.

Thanks anyway
(2021-04-07, 17:27)Miguel Reizinho Wrote: I don't want my Unofficial Parts folder full of files that I have no need.
Why? I don't think there is adverse effect?
(2021-04-07, 17:32)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: Why? I don't think there is adverse effect?

If the same filename is both present in "parts" folder and in "unofficial" won't LDcad choose the one in parts? So won't I end up with a bunch of files not needed every time an update upgrades an unofficial part to official?
You can add the unofficial library to the search path as a zip file. This way it doesn't "clutter" your unzipped "Unoffical" folder
(2021-04-07, 19:49)Orion Pobursky Wrote: You can add the unofficial library to the search path as a zip file. This way it doesn't "clutter" your unzipped "Unoffical" folder

That's really a good suggestion. Thank you!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »