LDView Differenc between colours in LDConfig and lg_colours

Differenc between colours in LDConfig and lg_colours
Hello,

When exporting to POV-Ray in LDView, I noticed that not all colors are defined in the lgconfig file. Here I noticed that the definitions for the color values in the file LDConfig.ldr and lg_colour.inc are defined differently. Can someone please describe how the color values are to be calculated.
Thank you.

Regards

Manfred
RE: Differenc between colours in LDConfig and lg_colours
The RGBs in the LDconfig file have been harmonized with the LDD colors while the RGBs in the lg_colour.inc haven't. However as far as I remember the RGBs for POV were always different from LDraw colors 'cos tuned for rendering.

New colors should be added. Feel free to help out filling the gap.

w.
LEGO ergo sum
(2020-10-07, 9:01)Manfred Schäfer Wrote: When exporting to POV-Ray in LDView, I noticed that not all colors are defined in the lgconfig file. Here I noticed that the definitions for the color values in the file LDConfig.ldr and lg_colour.inc are defined differently. Can someone please describe how the color values are to be calculated.
Thank you.

LDView doesn't generate lg_color.inc; that is included as part of LGEO. LDView's LGEO.xml file contains a list of colors that are available in lg_color.inc. That simply maps the LDraw color numbers to named LGEO colors. (For example, 6 gets mapped to lg_brown.) The actual definition of the colors comes from the LGEO package, though.

When LGEO is disabled, LDView generates colors based on the RGB values that are loaded at the time of export. (If LDConfig.ldr parsing is disabled, these are LDView-generated RGB; otherwise they are LDConfig.ldr RGB.)
Thank you for the answers. For me, a few colors are not displayed correctly after rendering in POV-Ray. I will look for what it is.

Thank you.

Regards

Manfred
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »