Search test

Search test
Here's a little test of a search box I genned up today. Right now it's kind of hacky but it worked better than I thought and I'd like to implement it in the main site menu bar search.
https://www.ldraw.org/hidden-content/sit...stpad.html

(Note to future users who stumble on this thread: the above link is to the site scratchpad so it may or may not have the discussed content)
RE: Search test
Works well overall, but sometimes I get weird results: if I key in "shortcut pattern" I get a handful of... primitives!
(2020-08-14, 6:46)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: Works well overall, but sometimes I get weird results: if I key in "shortcut pattern" I get a handful of... primitives!

Since I'm quite literally using the search results from the HTML of the search page, this is that same thing you'll get if you type "shortcut pattern" into the existing menu bar search box and hit enter.
I don't get it.  What is it supposed to find?

I want a search box/tool for the whole ldraw site and documents.
IMO we don't need another part finder. The one on the PT pages gives excellent results.
(2020-08-14, 14:50)Magnus Forsberg Wrote: I don't get it.  What is it supposed to find?

I want a search box/tool for the whole ldraw site and documents.
IMO we don't need another part finder. The one on the PT pages gives excellent results.

Im working on that (right now actually). It was easier to scaffold a proof of concept search box using a known path. Now that I have a handle on how the framework implements search I'll be able to figure out how to implement CMSMS's search functionality into the search box.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »