LDCad How to modify the thickness of the rubber band

How to modify the thickness of the rubber band
I'm making a duplo model.
 Now the problem is that I don't know how to modify the thickness of the rubber band. 

Do I need to make additional parts?
RE: How to modify the thickness of the rubber band
(2020-08-13, 5:10)Shi.Yan Wrote: I'm making a duplo model.
 Now the problem is that I don't know how to modify the thickness of the rubber band. 

Do I need to make additional parts?

Yes, you'll need a different sized donor part, which are used for the segments.

For the round band template ldcRubberBandRndSeg.dat is used. You could copy that to e.g. ldcRubberBandDuploRndSegDup.dat and then edit it to scale it up. (e.g. replace all 2 values with 4 to make it twice as big).

Then you need to also make a new template, for this you could copy the normal one 'rubberBandRound.ldr' to e.g. 'rubberBandDuploRound.ldr' and edit it to use the new donor (replace 'donPart=ldcRubberBandRndSeg.dat' with 'donPart=ldcRubberBandDuploRndSeg.dat'. Optionally also change the template description to '0 Rubber Band (duplo, round)'

It's best to do all this editing while LDcad is closed, then when you reopen it there should be a new band in the templates bin.
(2020-08-13, 17:06)Roland Melkert Wrote: Yes, you'll need a different sized donor part, which are used for the segments.

For the round band template ldcRubberBandRndSeg.dat is used. You could copy that to e.g. ldcRubberBandDuploRndSegDup.dat and then edit it to scale it up. (e.g. replace all 2 values with 4 to make it twice as big).

Then you need to also make a new template, for this you could copy the normal one 'rubberBandRound.ldr' to e.g. 'rubberBandDuploRound.ldr' and edit it to use the new donor (replace 'donPart=ldcRubberBandRndSeg.dat' with 'donPart=ldcRubberBandDuploRndSeg.dat'. Optionally also change the template description to '0 Rubber Band (duplo, round)'

It's best to do all this editing while LDcad is closed, then when you reopen it there should be a new band in the templates bin.

great,i will try.

thanks Roland,  Smile
(2020-08-13, 17:06)Roland Melkert Wrote: Yes, you'll need a different sized donor part, which are used for the segments.

I tried it and it was successful, thanks to the expert  Cool
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »