Changes to the !TEXMAP and Official Library specs

Changes to the !TEXMAP and Official Library specs
Since there seems to be no further discussion regarding this, I formally submit my changes to the !TEXMAP spec and the Official Library Spec:

!TEXMAP spec (changes highlighted in red):

https://www.ldraw.org/draft-texmap.html

Official Library spec:
Under META Commands add:
!TEXMAP Meta

Sufficient !TEXMAP <geometry2> and/or <geometry3> lines (as outlined in the Texture Mapping (!TEXMAP) Language Extension) must be included such that the part renders correctly in non-!TEXMAP supporting programs. It is highly encouraged that the included geometry reflect the pattern created by the !TEXMAP, even if it is reduced in resolution or colors, but this is not required.
RE: Changes to the !TEXMAP and Official Library specs
(2020-07-23, 15:46)Orion Pobursky Wrote: !TEXMAP spec (changes highlighted in red):

Nit pick:

Code:
then /123.png

Shoudl be without the leading slash, as that indicates the root of the file system.
Fixed.
(2020-07-23, 17:38)Orion Pobursky Wrote: Fixed.

Looks the same to me

Code:
Search path examples:
0 !TEXMAP ... 123.png will look for /textures/123.png then /123.png
0 !TEXMAP ... s/123.png will look for /textures/s/123.png then /s/123.png

should, imho, be

Code:
Search path examples:
0 !TEXMAP ... 123.png will look for textures/123.png then 123.png
0 !TEXMAP ... s/123.png will look for textures/s/123.png then s/123.png

or maybe include the whole search mechanics, as it is only handled descriptively above.

Code:
Search path examples:
0 !TEXMAP ... 123.png will look for <Default LDraw search order folders>/textures/123.png then  <Default LDraw search order folders>/123.png
0 !TEXMAP ... s/123.png will look for <Default LDraw search order folders>/textures/s/123.png then <Default LDraw search order folders>/s/123.png

Where <Default LDraw search order folders> indicates the collection of search locations, usually something like:

Code:
<containing mpd>
<containing folder>
/home/roland/LDraw/complete.zip/ldraw/parts
/home/roland/LDraw/complete.zip/ldraw/p
I've turned off caching for the page. Try a force reload

I'm hesitant to add the default search path since we never define it anywhere. Not saying that we shouldn't but this spec isn't the right place.
(2020-07-23, 15:46)Orion Pobursky Wrote: Since there seems to be no further discussion regarding this, I formally submit my changes to the !TEXMAP spec and the Official Library Spec:

!TEXMAP spec (changes highlighted in red):

https://www.ldraw.org/draft-texmap.html

Official Library spec:
Under META Commands add:
!TEXMAP Meta

Sufficient !TEXMAP <geometry2> and/or <geometry3> lines (as outlined in the Texture Mapping (!TEXMAP) Language Extension) must be included such that the part renders correctly in non-!TEXMAP supporting programs. It is highly encouraged that the included geometry reflect the pattern created by the !TEXMAP, even if it is reduced in resolution or colors, but this is not required.

The current version of the draft texmap spec changes look good to me, as does your proposed update to the official library spec. If there aren't any more comments within the next day or so, I'll submit a call for votes for both changes at once (since the two are related).
(2020-07-23, 21:22)Travis Cobbs Wrote: The current version of the draft texmap spec changes look good to me, as does your proposed update to the official library spec. If there aren't any more comments within the next day or so, I'll submit a call for votes for both changes at once (since the two are related).

If I forget to do this call for votes, please remind me.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »