LDPE How do you select edges

How do you select edges
How do you select edges and conds. in LDPE via "Select all" making sure the edges in prims don't get selected ... 'cos "... except Subfile Content" doesn't work. And don't propose to hide the prims prior selection. I'm looking for the easy way.

w.
LEGO ergo sum
RE: How do you select edges
(2020-05-30, 17:23)Willy Tschager Wrote: How do you select edges and conds. in LDPE via "Select all" making sure the edges in prims don't get selected ... 'cos "... except Subfile Content" doesn't work. And don't propose to hide the prims prior selection. I'm looking for the easy way.

w.
Select an edge and a condline, enable "with same type", "... except Subfile Content", then "...everything..."
(2020-05-30, 19:06)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: Select an edge and a condline, enable "with same type", "... except Subfile Content", then "...everything..."

Now and then it's good to have you around (now and then).

w.
LEGO ergo sum
Philo,

this is a test so be prepared: What is the "Synchronise..." menu for?

w.
LEGO ergo sum
(2020-06-02, 20:09)Willy Tschager Wrote: Philo,

this is a test so be prepared: What is the "Synchronise..." menu for?

w.

Sorry, I'll take it :)
This is a question to explain an advanced "hidden" feature...

"Synchronise..." is a context menu entry from the 3D view. The entry has three options:
  • Manipulator
  • Viewport Translation
  • Zoom
When you enable one of these options, then it will be synchronised between multiple 3D views of the same part.
E.g. zooming in one view will also zoom in the other view and vice versa. You can enable all options if you want.

Side note: You can split the 3D view into multiple independent views with the context menu entryView Actions -> Split horizontally or View Actions -> Split vertically.

Another side note: You can actually display different files in different views at the same time. But this is not trivial to do. You have to split the view first, then "lock the file on the view" (another 3D view context menu entry). And then open a different file. The old file will be "locked on the view" and the new file is displayed on the second view.
(2020-06-03, 16:32)Nils Schmidt Wrote: Sorry, I'll take it Smile
Thanks for that - and for the explanations Big Grin
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »