[LDPE] 1.8.72 Released (shortcut for nearest merge, bugfix for pasting/direct colour)

[LDPE] 1.8.72 Released (shortcut for nearest merge, bugfix for pasting/direct colour)
Hi,

this release gives you a new keyboard shortcut and fixes some bugs (thanks to Magnus and Willy!).

[Image: imgDuke2.png]

As always, you can download LDPE from this page:

http://nilsschmidt1337.github.io/ldparteditor/

Changelog:

(5 new features and 2 bug fixes)

With this release you will be able to...
  • ...use a shortcut for "Merge to Nearest Vertex" (Ctrl+N).
  • ...see a hint for wrong comment lines with just one slash (with quick-fix option).
  • ...benefit from the fact that running a tool in the "3D Editor" will update the "Text Editor" immediately.
  • ...see additional hints for the pivot point in the "Rotate" and "Scale" dialog.
  • ...set the filesize limit for the !DATA meta command (in the program options).

The following critical issues are fixed:

1. Pasting something via clipboard did not deselect the currently selected vertex.
  2. A direct colour is not an invalid number (when it contains the letter "E").

The program was tested intensively with "real world" files.
However, something can go wrong in about 140.000 lines of code.

Installation on Windows:

1. Download and extract LDPartEditor_win32_x64.zip
  2. Run LDPartEditor-1.8.72.msi
  3. Start LDPartEditor from the start menu
Installation on Linux:

1. Download and extract LDPartEditor_linux_x64.zip
  2. Install ldparteditor_1.8.72-1_amd64.deb
  3. Start LDPartEditor from the menu or via launcher
Installation on Mac OS X:

1. Download and extract LDPartEditor_mac_x64.zip
  2. Mount LDPartEditor-1.8.72.dmg
  3. Drag LDPartEditor.app to the Applications folder
  4. Copy ldparteditor.sh to your home folder
        4a. Open a Terminal.app and run ./ldparteditor.sh
        4b. Or open a Terminal.app and run /Applications/LDPartEditor.app/Contents/MacOS/LDPartEditor

I listen carefully to your requests and possible complaints. Please leave me a message, with your thoughts and wishes to further improve the software.

LDPE is a 3D CAD application: The overall system requirements are higher. While I recommend to use a powerful 64-bit multicore system, it could be possible, to run LDPE on older machines as well.

System Requirements:

Minimum System Requirements:
  • OpenGL 2.1 compatible Graphics Card
  • Operating System (64-bit): Windows [7 or newer], Linux [e.g. Ubuntu Linux >=14.4], Mac OS X [>=10.6]
  • CPU: Multicore-Processor e.g. Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon II (>2.0Ghz)
  • RAM: 4GB
  • Video-Memory: 1 GB
  • Free Disk Space: 150 MB
Recommended Requirements:
  • Operating System (64bit): Windows 7,8,10,11, Linux [e.g. Ubuntu Linux >=14.4], Mac OS X [>=10.6]
  • OpenGL 3.3 compatible Graphics Card
  • CPU: Multicore-Processor with 4 cores (or more)
  • RAM: >4 GB
  • Video-Memory: >1 GB
  • Free Disk Space: 500 MB
  • For a faster start, LDPartEditor and the LDraw™ library should be installed on an SSD.
RE: [LDPE] 1.8.72 Released (shortcut for nearest merge, bugfix for pasting/direct colour)
Thank you Nils for this new version!
RE: [LDPE] 1.8.72 Released (shortcut for nearest merge, bugfix for pasting/direct colour)
(2023-10-07, 13:39)Nils Schmidt Wrote:
  • ...benefit from the fact that running a tool in the "3D Editor" will update the "Text Editor" immediately.

This works like a champ! many Thx,

w.
LEGO ergo sum
Have a little request

Due to how Studio 2.0 defines it's UVs (by adding 6 parameters to line type 3, being u1, v1, u2, v2, u3 and v3), a lot of errors are being raised by the LDPE. What I'd like to it do instead is to recognize them as a semi-valid way of using the line type (same way it handles variables and stuff), and, possibly, auto-remove them with a "quick fix" option

Will make working with the Studio .dat's a little bit easier
(2023-10-23, 17:24)Max Murtazin Wrote: Have a little request

Due to how Studio 2.0 defines it's UVs (by adding 6 parameters to line type 3, being u1, v1, u2, v2, u3 and v3), a lot of errors are being raised by the LDPE. What I'd like to it do instead is to recognize them as a semi-valid way of using the line type (same way it handles variables and stuff), and, possibly, auto-remove them with a "quick fix" option

Quick solution: open .dat in lddp (https://lddp.sourceforge.net/), select all and round coordinates (ctrl-d). This will also cleanup studio mess.
Quick-fix for additional line parameters
(2023-10-23, 17:24)Max Murtazin Wrote: Have a little request

I created an issue (#998) to remove them with a quick-fix option. It will be included in the next release.
Align and distribute selected objects
The next version will include some functions to align and distribute a selection (#993).
This will work only on six fixed 2D perspectives ("front", "back", "left", "right", "top", "bottom").

There will be a "Snap To Grid" feature, too (#987).
(2023-10-07, 13:39)Nils Schmidt Wrote: The following critical issues are fixed:

1. Pasting something via clipboard did not deselect the currently selected vertex.

Maybe I'm missing something but this is still a problem

.png   paste vertex.png (Size: 12.49 KB / Downloads: 29)

After pasting the copied vertex, all is still selected.
(2023-10-28, 11:05)Magnus Forsberg Wrote: Maybe I'm missing something but this is still a problem
After pasting the copied vertex, all is stil selected.

Yes, the pasted vertex is selected. I think that is correct/desired?
(2023-10-28, 11:29)Nils Schmidt Wrote: Yes, the pasted vertex is selected. I think that is correct/desired?

No, I only want the pasted vertex to be selected, not all of the occurrences of the same vertex I copied.
Only select a single vertex occurence on paste (for 1 vertex)
(2023-10-28, 11:47)Magnus Forsberg Wrote: No, I only want the pasted vertex to be selected, not all of the occurrences of the same vertex I copied.

Understood. I will correct this with the next version (issue #999).
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »