LDPE (0.8.49b, Windows 10) does not start anymore...

LDPE (0.8.49b, Windows 10) does not start anymore...
Exclamation 
I have a strange issue, since late this afternoon, my LDPE installation does not start anymore.
I rebooted my PC multiple times, installed LDPE over the top and still the same. Any clues Huh

Thanks
Gerald
RE: LDPE (0.8.49b, Windows 10) does not start anymore...
(2020-01-13, 22:14)Gerald Lasser Wrote: I have a strange issue, since late this afternoon, my LDPE installation does not start anymore.
I rebooted my PC multiple times, installed LDPE over the top and still the same. Any clues Huh

Thanks
Gerald
Please try to backup and then delete your configuration for LDPE (config.gz) and start LDPE again.
It is stored inside of the folder C:\Users\your-username\AppData\Roaming\LDPartEditor

There should be an "error_log.txt" file, too. Maybe it contains some helpful information about the issue.
(2020-01-14, 4:52)Nils Schmidt Wrote: Please try to backup and then delete your configuration for LDPE (config.gz) and start LDPE again.
It is stored inside of the folder C:\Users\your-username\AppData\Roaming\LDPartEditor

There should be an "error_log.txt" file, too. Maybe it contains some helpful information about the issue.

Ah, you are the man! Thanks Nils! Deleting the config worked!

Now, that I read it, I think you posted this here before, I was looking around for some hints but could not find it.

I attached the error logs, may be the are of help. Says an Exception in the ZLIB. that would point to the .gz file, right?

Attached Files
.txt   error_log.txt (Size: 21.79 KB / Downloads: 5)
.txt   error_log2.txt (Size: 31.51 KB / Downloads: 3)
(2020-01-14, 7:01)Gerald Lasser Wrote: Ah, you are the man! Thanks Nils! Deleting the config worked!

I attached the error logs, may be the are of help. Says an Exception in the ZLIB. that would point to the .gz file, right?

Right, and interestingly I think something completely different inside of the source code was the root cause of the issue. Thanks for the logs! They are really helpful.
Luckily its not a super blocker and will not occur on every LDPE launch and shutdown cycle.
I will fix this with the new offical release of the next version 0.8.50 soon.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »