Problem using Minifig Legs Dual Mould in Studio

Problem using Minifig Legs Dual Mould in Studio
Hi all

I'm attempting to use part 21019 (Minifig Hips and Legs Dual Mould with Uncoloured Lower Leg Pattern) in BrickLink Studio.
My objective is to have flesh coloured upper legs and black or brown lower legs to emulate boots. The upper part of the legs will be covered by a skirt.

Anyhow, I have discovered that this part consists of many subparts and I can import them one-by-one into Studio.
However, the right leg appears to consist of left leg parts and I'm unable to make a mirror copy.
You can see what I mean here:
https://www.ldraw.org/official-part-look...461p05.dat
The subparts are all for a left leg!

So I'm rather confused and probably not even taking the correct approach.
Any assistance you could give would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks in advance!
Alastair
RE: Problem using Minifig Legs Dual Mould in Studio
(2020-02-11, 17:17)Alastair W Wrote: Hi all

I'm attempting to use part 21019 (Minifig Hips and Legs Dual Mould with Uncoloured Lower Leg Pattern) in BrickLink Studio.
My objective is to have flesh coloured upper legs and black or brown lower legs to emulate boots. The upper part of the legs will be covered by a skirt.

Anyhow, I have discovered that this part consists of many subparts and I can import them one-by-one into Studio.
However, the right leg appears to consist of left leg parts and I'm unable to make a mirror copy.
You can see what I mean here:
https://www.ldraw.org/official-part-look...461p05.dat
The subparts are all for a left leg!

So I'm rather confused and probably not even taking the correct approach.
Any assistance you could give would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks in advance!
Alastair

I have no direct answer but can one import LDraw geometry in Studio?
Then could you inline all subparts and import that part?
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
All of these are now official parts/shortcuts and should be in the complete.zip or be added via the parts installer.

If you want brown or black bottom parts, you should look for these parts.
21019p05, Minifig Hips and Legs with Black Lower Leg Pattern
21019p06, Minifig Hips and Legs with Dark Brown Lower Leg Pattern

The "missing" right leg is common practise. If you dig in to the structure of parts that excist in a left/right, mirrored version,
you'll see that we often create one as the mirror of the other.  The regular minifig hip+legs shortcut 3815bc01 have the same structure.

Sorry, but I don't know how Studio will handle the import of these dual colored parts.
(2020-02-12, 16:51)Magnus Forsberg Wrote: All of these are now official parts/shortcuts and should be in the complete.zip or be added via the parts installer.

If you want brown or black bottom parts, you should look for these parts.
21019p05, Minifig Hips and Legs with Black Lower Leg Pattern
21019p06, Minifig Hips and Legs with Dark Brown Lower Leg Pattern

The "missing" right leg is common practise. If you dig in to the structure of parts that excist in a left/right, mirrored version,
you'll see that we often create one as the mirror of the other.  The regular minifig hip+legs shortcut 3815bc01 have the same structure.

Sorry, but I don't know how Studio will handle the import of these dual colored parts.

Many thanks for your help, I've solved the problem.
I opened the .dat file in MLCad and then saved the part as a .ldr file which I could then import into Studio.
I also found that I had to update the parts in my Studio install which I did from the complete.zip.
(2020-02-12, 23:24)Alastair W Wrote: Many thanks for your help, I've solved the problem.
I opened the .dat file in MLCad and then saved the part as a .ldr file which I could then import into Studio.
I also found that I had to update the parts in my Studio install which I did from the complete.zip.
.dat and .ldr are just hints concerning the generic purpose of the file. Both are LDraw, so you can just rename the file to .ldr if studio hasn't got a 'all files' option in it's import dialog.

ps: Also Studio uses the LDraw format (hidden in a zip for model files) and library so technically you aren't even importing just copying.
(2020-02-13, 0:15)Roland Melkert Wrote: .dat and .ldr are just hints concerning the generic purpose of the file. Both are LDraw, so you can just rename the file to .ldr if studio hasn't got a 'all files' option in it's import dialog.

ps: Also Studio uses the LDraw format (hidden in a zip for model files) and library so technically you aren't even importing just copying.
Nice tip, thanks!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »