Concerning Ground Plane??

Concerning Ground Plane??
Hello everyone on the board, just wondering is there a way to add a ground plane in the editing screen?  I meant a sturdy ground base to lay the model on?
RE: Concerning Ground Plane??
(2019-10-15, 16:49)Richard L. West Wrote: Hello everyone on the board, just wondering is there a way to add a ground plane in the editing screen?  I meant a sturdy ground base to lay the model on?

For which editor?

In a pinch you could just put a large base plate in at 0,0,0 and delete it when you're done.
(2019-10-15, 16:57)Orion Pobursky Wrote: For which editor?

In a pinch you could just put a large base plate in at 0,0,0 and delete it when you're done.
 I actually meant the LDraw all in one editor Orion, Sorry for the confusion.   What size base plate should  I use for the Main Ground plane? Does it really matter that much?  I should have explain myself better in the last message.
(2019-11-04, 2:56)Richard L. West Wrote:  I actually meant the LDraw all in one editor Orion, Sorry for the confusion.   What size base plate should  I use for the Main Ground plane? Does it really matter that much?  I should have explain myself better in the last message.
Do you mean MLCad? (Is there a black Jeep as splash screen when you start it?)

If so, then I recommend adding a big base plate and set its color to transparent. You can then remove this once your model is finished.
(2019-11-04, 11:05)Lasse Deleuran Wrote: Do you mean MLCad? (Is there a black Jeep as splash screen when you start it?)

If so, then I recommend adding a big base plate and set its color to transparent. You can then remove this once your model is finished.

I'd recommend just not using MLCad and instead switching to LDCad before using the baseplate trick
(2019-11-04, 2:56)Richard L. West Wrote:  I actually meant the LDraw all in one editor Orion, Sorry for the confusion.   What size base plate should  I use for the Main Ground plane? Does it really matter that much?  I should have explain myself better in the last message.
Just adding some background: there is no such thing as THE LDraw all in one editor: the all-in-one installer provides three editors, LDCad, LeoCAD and MLCad (listed in order of personal preference!!!).
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »