LDCad Subfile conformity script?

LDCad Subfile conformity script?
Hello,

I mainly use Studio to do my building but the LDR file it creates when exporting to ldraw does not conform to the standards. I would like to use LPub3D to create my instructions as there is a lot more flexibility for the layout of the pages but the non-conformity of the Studio output doesnt play nice. I would like to use LDCad as the middle man because it handles the non conformity nicely and I am already making some adjustments in LDcad for the models. I would like to have a script that makes the sub models conform in that spaces are removed and replaced with "_" and .ldr is added to the end of the submodel. Then the whole file gets saved as an MPD.

Thanks in advance

Cam
RE: LDCad Subfile conformity script?
(2019-10-21, 1:53)Cam\s Bricks Wrote: I would like to use LPub3D to create my instructions as there is a lot more flexibility for the layout of the pages but the non-conformity of the Studio output doesnt play nice.

Hi Cam, be advised that I have been actively removing Studio LDraw export incompatibilities in LPub3D as they are encountered or reported. Consequently, as of the latest continuous build release (https://github.com/trevorsandy/lpub3d/re...continuous), neither absence of space in the file name nor the presence of a file extension are required by LPub3D. If you encounter any specific use case where these incompatibilities persist, do not hesitate to create a GitHub ticket accordingly.

Cheers,
(2019-10-21, 5:35)Trevor Sandy Wrote: Hi Cam, be advised that I have been actively removing Studio LDraw export incompatibilities in LPub3D as they are encountered or reported. Consequently, as of the latest continuous build release (https://github.com/trevorsandy/lpub3d/re...continuous), neither absence of space in the file name nor the presence of a file extension are required by LPub3D. If you encounter any specific use case where these incompatibilities persist, do not hesitate to create a GitHub ticket accordingly.

Cheers,
This is wonderful news. I will see about updating to the continuous build.
(2019-10-21, 1:53)Cam\s Bricks Wrote: I would like to have a script that makes the sub models conform in that spaces are removed and replaced with "_" and .ldr is added to the end of the submodel. Then the whole file gets saved as an MPD.
Unfortunately the current scripting engine is aimed at manipulating single submodels not the whole mpd as a whole.

Maybe you can use a program like wingrep to manipulate the "0 FILE foo" and "1 ... foo" lines using regular expressions.

FYI: It isn't actually illegal (confirm the spec) to have spaces and no extension in submodel names. It's a bit messy though.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »