Effect of Upper/Lower Case Primitives/Subfiles

Effect of Upper/Lower Case Primitives/Subfiles
Over at the Stud.io forum there was an entry concerning the missing stud-logo on an old part, namely 50949.
I check it and noticed that the primitive is in upper case (STUD.DAT) that leads the renderer to ignore the substitution. Upon changing it to lower case the LEGO-logo was rendered.

Do we have an overview how many files still have uppercase prim in them? Shall we recycle them?
RE: Effect of Upper/Lower Case Primitives/Subfiles
(2019-09-30, 18:37)Gerald Lasser Wrote: I check it and noticed that the primitive is in upper case (STUD.DAT) that leads the renderer to ignore the substitution. Upon changing it to lower case the LEGO-logo was rendered.
LDraw is case insensitive, so this is actually a bug on studio's side.

That said I thought the library was scrubbed from uppercase references a couple of years back?
(2019-09-30, 18:44)Roland Melkert Wrote: LDraw is case insensitive, so this is actually a bug on studio's side.

That said I thought the library was scrubbed from uppercase references a couple of years back?

when I do a findstr "STUD.DAT" I get just a handful of files, so may be we could fast-track them (I expected more)

189.dat
30255.dat
30414.dat
3127b.dat
4151b.dat
45407.dat
47844.dat
50303.dat
50949.dat
511.dat
6003.dat
60471.dat
60478.dat
6104.dat
s\30225bs1.dat
(2019-09-30, 18:44)Roland Melkert Wrote: That said I thought the library was scrubbed from uppercase references a couple of years back?

Don't know how frequent this error is, but I still see many files with it.
I know it is ignored as a fault by DatHeader.
LDPE will let the user know it should be corrected and can autocorrect it.
How many files contain  ".DAT" ?
(2019-09-30, 19:31)Magnus Forsberg Wrote: Don't know how frequent this error is, but I still see many files with it.
I know it is ignored as a fault by DatHeader.
LDPE will let the user know it should be corrected and can autocorrect it.

This is NOT an error in the parts. The LDraw format is case-insensitive. I personally would argue against editing existing parts simply to change the case in their type 1 lines.
(2019-09-30, 19:32)Magnus Forsberg Wrote: How many files contain  ".DAT" ?

587 Files
(2019-09-30, 21:09)Travis Cobbs Wrote: This is NOT an error in the parts. The LDraw format is case-insensitive. I personally would argue against editing existing parts simply to change the case in their type 1 lines.

Honestly, it would be much better keep all LDraw files names lower-cased.

As upper-cased names such as "NAME.DAT" came from DOS-era and upper-cased file extension with mixed case file name as "Name_L.LDR" came from MS Windows. Few related threads: Also its strange that "complete.zip" include "LDConfig.ldr" & "LDCfgalt.ldr", but its online versions available as "LDConfig.ldr"/"LDCfgalt.ldr" AND "ldconfig.ldr"/"ldcfgalt.ldr": So, I argue to use only lower-case naming for file names & extensions for all LDraw files.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »