Hose routing advice

Hose routing advice
Attached is a sample of hose routing from a current project.

Here's the scale from the instructions:

Ribbed hose 1 (the 3 middle hoses) are magenta dotted in the instructions. The online inventory for this part this would correspond to Flat Silver Hose, Ribbed 7mm D. 9L
Ribbed hose 2 (the shorter hose to the right) is orange dotted. The online inventory for this part this would correspond to Flat Silver Hose, Ribbed 7mm D. 7L
Ribbed hose 3 (the longer hose to the left) is green dotted. The online inventory for this part this would correspond to Flat Silver Hose, Ribbed 7mm D. 18L

I have a couple of issues:
- The hoses overlap other components. How do others deal with this issue?
- The hose lengths in the instructions vs. actual model appear to not be correct, especially for hose 2. I have this set (8458) but it's packed up somewhere and I can readily verify.

Note: the attached MPD will only work in LDCad since I have fallback code turned off.

Attached Files
.mpd   hose-routing.mpd (Size: 8.1 KB / Downloads: 6)
RE: Hose routing advice
(2019-08-28, 16:27)Orion Pobursky Wrote: Attached is a sample of hose routing from a current project.

It's hard to believe the one at the right can be only 7L, even with sharp bends it's just 9L.

The long one can be routed to be exactly 19L Tough.

And imho the left of the middle ones needs to be a separate submodel as it needs a slightly different route to avoid going trough the frame.

This is what I got:

Also the hose lengths are approximations, LDCad just sums all the segment lengths and optionally converts it to mm or L
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »