LQ and HQ Templates difference

LQ and HQ Templates difference
Question 
I think there is already an answer to my question, but I have not found it.  ?
What exactly is the difference between LQ and HQ in the templates in LDCad?
If nothing goes right, go left.
RE: LQ and HQ Templates difference
(2019-07-19, 17:54)Johann Eisner Wrote: What exactly is the difference between LQ and HQ in the templates in LDCad?

The HQ ones use the 'deform' method to generate the shapes. This results in closed meshes which can be rendered photo realistic. This method can cause a very large file size though.

The LQ ones use overlapping fragments. These  will render faster and at a distance (e.g. in instructions) the difference isn't really noticeable. But at closeup holes and raw edges will be visible.
RE: LQ and HQ Templates difference
(2019-07-19, 18:55)Roland Melkert Wrote: The HQ ones use the 'deform' method to generate the shapes. This results in closed meshes which can be rendered photo realistic. This method can cause a very large file size though.

The LQ ones use overlapping fragments. These  will render faster and at a distance (e.g. in instructions) the difference isn't really noticeable. But at closeup holes and raw edges will be visible.
Hi Roland
Ah OK thanks.
Then it's The best to take LQ and only for visible things (when rendering) the HQ to not get such big files.
If nothing goes right, go left.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »