Technic 1994

Technic 1994
Topic for 1994 Technic models
8880 - Super Car

8880 - Super Car
OMR Compliant
Missing: Nothing
Comments:
I chose this model specifically to challenge me to use LDCad fully. I consider myself challenged.

Attached Files
.mpd   8880 - Super Car.mpd (Size: 814.05 KB / Downloads: 30)
RE: 8880 - Super Car
(2019-04-04, 19:05)Orion Pobursky Wrote: <Render to follow>
8880 - Super Car
Not OMR Compliant (yet)

Comments:
I chose this model specifically to challenge me to use LDCad fully. I consider myself challenged.

Well done. Rolleyes Btw: you modelled an earlier set with black "Technic Gear 16 Tooth with Clutch"

I own a later model with the newer dark gray gears but I know at least two people owning the black version. :-)
(2019-04-04, 19:28)Max Martin Richter Wrote: Well done. Rolleyes Btw: you modelled an earlier set with black "Technic Gear 16 Tooth with Clutch"

I own a later model with the newer dark gray gears but I know at least two people owning the black version. :-)

Since I don’t actually own this model, I used the pbg generator on Rebrickable for the parts list
(2019-04-04, 19:05)Orion Pobursky Wrote: <Render to follow>
8880 - Super Car
Not OMR Compliant (yet)

Comments:

Also note that, due to the complex angles in the set, there is some part mismatch. Most of these gaps/overlaps are less than a couple of LDU and not super noticable. The is one large error of a little more than 4 ldu that I hid behind the headlights.
(2019-04-04, 19:33)Orion Pobursky Wrote: Since I don’t actually own this model, I used the pbg generator on Rebrickable for the parts list

I do own the set, and the one I have came with dark gray versions of the 6542 clutch gears.
(2019-04-05, 1:29)Travis Cobbs Wrote: I do own the set, and the one I have came with dark gray versions of the 6542 clutch gears.

Yah. After Max’s post, while I started on the B model, I noticed the instructions have them in dark grey as well. This is likely a mistake on Rebrickable.
(2019-04-04, 19:05)Orion Pobursky Wrote: 8880 - Super Car
OMR Compliant
Missing: Stickers

Comments:

I updated the model for OMR compliance, fixed a few color problems, and rotated 2 of the wheels to the proper orientation.
(2019-04-05, 1:53)Orion Pobursky Wrote: Yah. After Max’s post, while I started on the B model, I noticed the instructions have them in dark grey as well. This is likely a mistake on Rebrickable.

Nope, is written above, there is an early version with the black gears. I can't remember further differences except of these gears.
(2019-04-05, 5:09)Max Martin Richter Wrote: Nope, is written above, there is an early version with the black gears. I can't remember further differences except of these gears.

That may be but since the instructions have dark grey I changed them in addition to the other color error I noticed (tire rubber instead of black)
OMR Compliant
Missing: Front Sticker, has all others

Comments:

Update. Added most of the the stickers. Missing the one for the 4x4 tile on the front.

.png   sticker.png (Size: 19.75 KB / Downloads: 367)
(2019-04-05, 20:58)Orion Pobursky Wrote: Update. Added most of the the stickers. Missing the one for the 4x4 tile on the front.

Update to the update. Last missing sticker added. Thanks Max.
(2019-04-05, 21:31)Orion Pobursky Wrote: Update to the update. Last missing sticker added. Thanks Max.

Update ~moved to files and add the model to the OMR.
Thanks Orion
If nothing goes right, go left.
(2019-04-06, 13:16)Johann Eisner Wrote: Update ~moved to files and add the model to the OMR.
Thanks Orion

That’s odd. I ran it through MDPCenter. There shouldn’t have been any moved to’s
8880 - Super Car - F1 Racer (B Model)

8880 - Super Car - F1 Racer (B Model)
OMR Compliant
Missing: OCTAN Sticker

Attached Files
.mpd   8880 - Super Car - F1 Racer.mpd (Size: 792.78 KB / Downloads: 19)
RE: Technic 1994
(2019-04-04, 19:01)Orion Pobursky Wrote: Topic for 1994 Technic models

I created the 6 models of 8032. This was my second set I got as a kid. Good old memories Smile

[Image: ZP0Tel6.png]

[Image: uAIEBpr.png]

[Image: P7EZF1H.png]

[Image: qbb9CX7.png]

[Image: n90coWE.png]

[Image: hO4jiWt.png]

When I run MPDcenter's check on OMR compliance, it sometimes gives the message that the files are not OMR comform. However, no error is shown. If somebody can tell me what is wrong with the files, that would be appreciated Smile.

Attached Files
.mpd   8032 - Universal Set.mpd (Size: 5.88 KB / Downloads: 11)
.mpd   8032 - Universal Set - Gymnast.mpd (Size: 8.34 KB / Downloads: 10)
.mpd   8032 - Universal Set - Bull.mpd (Size: 9.68 KB / Downloads: 10)
.mpd   8032 - Universal Set - Helicopter.mpd (Size: 14.32 KB / Downloads: 10)
.mpd   8032 - Universal Set - Tow Truck.mpd (Size: 15.37 KB / Downloads: 10)
.mpd   8032 - Universal Set - Cabrio.mpd (Size: 15.22 KB / Downloads: 10)
Nice models Wink

MPDCenter chokes on the last three files because of "~Moved to" parts (parts that have been renamed in LDraw library).
If you look at the quick check window, MPDcenter tells the problem:
Quote:Check for: 8032 - Universal Set - Helicopter.mpd
True - Mirrored parts free.
True - All files have correct License.
True - All Name entries are like filename.
True - Is MPD filename OMR conform.
True - All filenames in the MPD are OMR conform.
False - ~Moved to parts free.
True - Unresolved references free.

If some item is not True, you find below the file that causes that.

To correct: Edit -> update ~movedto references then save.
Here the files were 3665 (moved to 3665a) and 4276 (moved to 4276b)
Sorry, I found another glitch: The ends of the spoiler needs to be bent down.
(2019-04-14, 6:29)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: Nice models Wink

MPDCenter chokes on the last three files because of "~Moved to" parts (parts that have been renamed in LDraw library).
If you look at the quick check window, MPDcenter tells the problem:

To correct: Edit -> update ~movedto references then save.
Here the files were 3665 (moved to 3665a) and 4276 (moved to 4276b)

To display these errors, these two checkboxes in option ---> options must be set.

If nothing goes right, go left.
(2019-04-14, 9:58)Johann Eisner Wrote: To display these errors, these two checkboxes in option ---> options must be set.

Thanks! I did not have that option checked, so I did not see the error. I updated the three files, so now all files are OMR compliant Smile
I am trying to model all 6 variants of 8062. First one (most simple one) is finished Smile.

[Image: 6uMXUk5.png]

Attached Files
.mpd   8062 - Universal Set with Storage Case.mpd (Size: 11.78 KB / Downloads: 10)
8858 - Rebel Wrecker
[Image: 800x450.jpg]
[color=#0072bc]Download MPD[/color] (OMR compliant)
Known errors: None.
Done with LDCad 1.6c
Here are the other five models of 8062 Smile

[Image: qAf4V9I.png]

[Image: dhc16SV.png]

[Image: PAGWKZe.png]

[Image: ASoPG0R.png]

[Image: uiX8ldA.png]

Their are no (missing) stickers.
Everything seems OMR compliant.
Everything is done with LDcad1.6b.

Attached Files
.mpd   8062 - Universal Set with Storage Case - Small Vehicle.mpd (Size: 10.51 KB / Downloads: 7)
.mpd   8062 - Universal Set with Storage Case - Rower.mpd (Size: 17.63 KB / Downloads: 7)
.mpd   8062 - Universal Set with Storage Case - Truck with Motorbike.mpd (Size: 29.52 KB / Downloads: 7)
.mpd   8062 - Universal Set with Storage Case - Crane.mpd (Size: 26.18 KB / Downloads: 7)
.mpd   8062 - Universal Set with Storage Case - Helicopter.mpd (Size: 24.68 KB / Downloads: 7)
I completed the main model of set 8808.

[Image: dg9xLVu.png]

However, the stickers are still missing. Is that something I can do myself? I also never created a new part, so I am afraid that it might be too difficult for me, but I would be happy if some of you tell me otherwise.
So, would it be possible for me (=no experience with new parts/stickers) to create my own sticker? And if so, are there some good tutorials to start with?
Thanks in advance!

Attached Files
.mpd   8808-1 - F1 Racer.mpd (Size: 6.52 KB / Downloads: 9)
(2019-05-25, 3:35)Charles Farmer Wrote: However, the stickers are still missing. Is that something I can do myself? I also never created a new part, so I am afraid that it might be too difficult for me, but I would be happy if some of you tell me otherwise.
So, would it be possible for me (=no experience with new parts/stickers) to create my own sticker? And if so, are there some good tutorials to start with?
Thanks in advance!

This is your friend:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/patterncreator/

A tutorial in French can be found here:

http://jc-tchang.philohome.com/manuel/LPC.htm

Google Translate should do a decent job. Once you're through with the pattern itself come back with a screenshot.

w.
LEGO ergo sum
(2019-05-25, 16:22)Willy Tschager Wrote: This is your friend:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/patterncreator/

Thanks! I created the pattern for one sticker (out of three). Here is a screenshot:

[Image: 3tICPbj.png]
I'm impressed by the quality of the pattern and the speed you made it. I presume you measured the real sticker properly and used the corresponding LDUs as template in LDPC?

This is your next friend after you exported your pattern to a dat file:

http://nilsschmidt1337.github.io/ldparteditor/

There is a some sort of wiki:

https://github.com/nilsschmidt1337/ldpar...ome-backup

or the French version (at this point you probably regret not doing the French class at school ;-):

http://jc-tchang.philohome.com/manuel/LDPartEditor.htm

Start loading some already certified sticker to learn how they look like DATwise.

I know for sure you read all the relevant specs:

File Format 1.0.2
Official Library Header Specification
File Format Restrictions for the Official Library

and most important:

Official Library Specification for Sticker Parts

Your last step before submitting your part to the PT is some legal stuff:

LDraw.org Contributor Agreement

and some more reading:

The LDraw Parts Tracker

We are waiting for you at the PT.

w.
LEGO ergo sum
RE: 8858 - Rebel Wrecker - Quad Bike
[Image: 800x450.jpg]
[size=small][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][color=#0072bc]Download MPD[/font][/size][/color][size=small][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif] (OMR compliant)[/font][/size]
[size=small][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Known errors: None.[/font][/size]
[size=small][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Done with [/font][/size][size=small][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][color=#0072bc]LDCad 1.6c[/font][/size][/color]
8824 - Hovercraft
[Image: 8824.jpg]
Download MPD (OMR compliant)
Known errors: Missing stickers.
Done with LDCad 1.6c

Rendered with Studio 2

Lets celebrate the 25th birthday of this cute little set... and the final apparition in LDraw of the angled bumper! (Thanks, Magnus Wink )
OMR Compliant
Missing: Nothing
Comments:

Just came here to say, a challenge indeed, but a fun one!

I built all of the first four supercars in order, so as to increase the challenge along with the progression of Technic itself. I will say, I was pleasantly surprised by this set—while there are many things to work out, they all are for the most part work-outable!

There weren't any angles in the bodywork that couldn't be calculated with either the built-in triangulation tools or Roland's special right angle calc script. And surprisingly few of the inevitable overlaps because of multiple connection points; these can be mitigated using scaling if you're so inclined.

All of the gears can be meshed, too—well, almost all. Because of the different gear sizes on the central steering shaft, the front and back pinions don't both mesh perfectly with the racks when the steering is at center. You can split the difference and be satisfied, but I do wonder what this feels like on the real model?

All in all, I actually found 8860 harder to model, because of all the dang hoses. :-)
Done with LeoCad,

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »