LDView POV export of texmap?

LDView POV export of texmap?
I tried to POV-export a scene with texmapped parts using LDView, but the parts are desperately blank when rendered. Is there an export option I missed, or is texmap not supported by LDView POV export?
RE: LDView POV export of texmap?
(2019-03-07, 8:33)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: I tried to POV-export a scene with texmapped parts using LDView, but the parts are desperately blank when rendered. Is there an export option I missed, or is texmap not supported by LDView POV export?

Unfortunately, texmapping isn't supported in LDView's POV export. Even more unfortunately, I spent quite a lot of time trying to add support, and pretty much failed. I won't say that I won't ever go back and try again, but I'm not very optimistic. If anyone else out there who is conversant in C++ wants to try adding support for it, I would be happy to explain how the existing LDView POV export code works, but I haven't had much interest from others in contributing to LDView over its nearly 19-year history (with really only two major exceptions).
(2019-03-07, 23:15)Travis Cobbs Wrote: Unfortunately, texmapping isn't supported in LDView's POV export. Even more unfortunately, I spent quite a lot of time trying to add support, and pretty much failed. I won't say that I won't ever go back and try again, but I'm not very optimistic. If anyone else out there who is conversant in C++ wants to try adding support for it, I would be happy to explain how the existing LDView POV export code works, but I haven't had much interest from others in contributing to LDView over its nearly 19-year history (with really only two major exceptions).
Not a big issue for me (eg. I can use LDCad), question was for a Mac guy for which LDView was the easiest solution...
(2019-03-07, 23:15)Travis Cobbs Wrote: Unfortunately, texmapping isn't supported in LDView's POV export. Even more unfortunately, I spent quite a lot of time trying to add support, and pretty much failed. I won't say that I won't ever go back and try again, but I'm not very optimistic.

The biggest problem with texture export, imho, is the fact you can't map them to colors like normal parts.

In LDCad I generate macros for textured parts to solve this. It has some restrictions though.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »