What are the applications available for Mac OS X users ?

What are the applications available for Mac OS X users ?
Hi all,
it's only a couple of week that I've discovered this fantastic world of LEGO CAD and related applications.
But I also found that there is little choices for who like me only posses an OS X computer :-(

What I found so far is LDD (not officially maintained anymore and not LDraw compatible), BrickLink Studio (that doesn't support retina displays) and LeoCAD (that it failed to load what I needed, and no snap feature).

So, I was wondering if I'm missing something out there for OS X ... and if it's truly the truth that most of the LDraw community is working on Windows only ;-)

Thanks,
Gianluca.
RE: What are the applications available for Mac OS X users ?
(2019-02-17, 14:14)Massera Wrote: Hi all,
it's only a couple of week that I've discovered this fantastic world of LEGO CAD and related applications.
But I also found that there is little choices for who like me only posses an OS X computer :-(

What I found so far is LDD (not officially maintained anymore and not LDraw compatible), BrickLink Studio (that doesn't support retina displays) and LeoCAD (that it failed to load what I needed, and no snap feature).

So, I was wondering if I'm missing something out there for OS X ... and if it's truly the truth that most of the LDraw community is working on Windows only ;-)

Thanks,
Gianluca.

Check out the Mac getting started page:
http://www.ldraw.org/help/getting-started.html

I own a Mac and do LDraw work on it so if you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask.

One a side note, there is some truth to the Windows only argument but only because the other OSs are a small fraction of the total market. Once I bribe Roland into releasing a MacOS version of LDCad, I'll go back to MacOS only.
RE: What are the applications available for Mac OS X users ?
(2019-02-17, 15:35)Orion Pobursky Wrote: One a side note, there is some truth to the Windows only argument but only because the other OSs are a small fraction of the total market. Once I bribe Roland into releasing a MacOS version of LDCad, I'll go back to MacOS only.

I've had some users reporting success in using the windows version of LDCad on macs by using the more recent WINE versions.

Apparently the wine team improved OpenGL support by using the new OpenGL on metal translation layer project.

the only problem are missing fonts which you have to get separately or install by using the (undocumented) 'allfonts' option of wintricks
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »