LPub3D and black & white printing

LPub3D and black & white printing
Smile 
I'm trying to create instructions in LPub3D (2.3.3) that will allow colors to be interpreted when output on a black & white (grayscale) printer. Can you offer advice, or does a guide already exist? I'm open to using a program other than LPub3D if it would be better, but I'm on macOS (10.11 El Capitan) so my choices are more limited.

For example, I would like to add the name of a color next to each part — or a color code — so when I'm reading my printed instructions, I can determine the part's color. Even seeing the color info on the BOM would be useful. 

I am able to print color codes next to parts in BrickLink Studio, but I'd like to adopt a tool that works more closely with LDraw.

Kind Regards,
EJ 
"BrickEdge"

RE: LPub3D and black & white printing
(2019-01-17, 19:48)EJ- Wrote: I'm trying to create instructions in LPub3D (2.3.3) that will allow colors to be interpreted when output on a black & white (grayscale) printer.

You could try making an custom LDConfig.ldr using colors which are easier to separate when printed in grey tone.

Sort of a "color blind friendly palette".
(2019-01-22, 22:43)Roland Melkert Wrote:
(2019-01-17, 19:48)EJ- Wrote: I'm trying to create instructions in LPub3D (2.3.3) that will allow colors to be interpreted when output on a black & white (grayscale) printer.

You could try making an custom LDConfig.ldr using colors which are easier to separate when printed in grey tone.

Sort of a "color blind friendly palette".

You could also use custom part title and freeform annotation in the PLI and BOM.
But then you will have to create hardcoded color parts.
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
Quote:I'm trying to create instructions in LPub3D (2.3.3) that will allow colors to be interpreted when output on a black & white (grayscale) printer. Can you offer advice, or does a guide already exist? I'm open to using a program other than LPub3D if it would be better, but I'm on macOS (10.11 El Capitan) so my choices are more limited to [color=black]your homework help[/color].
For example, I would like to add the name of a color next to each part — or a color code — so when I'm reading my printed instructions, I can determine the part's color. Even seeing the color info on the BOM would be useful.
I am able to print color codes next to parts in BrickLink Studio, but I'd like to adopt a tool that works more closely with LDraw.

Kind Regards,
EJ
"BrickEdge"

Hello guys,

I thought I could find the guides how to create hard-coded color parts on EuroBricks forums, but nothing practical there. Any resources here? I've checked some video guides, but I'd like to have just instructions and try something myself.

Thanks
(2019-02-18, 13:01)Terry Mulhern Wrote: Hello guys,

I thought I could find the guides how to create hard-coded color parts on EuroBricks forums, but nothing practical there. Any resources here? I've checked some video guides, but I'd like to have just instructions and try something myself.

Thanks

Take a look at this part: https://brickset.com/parts/306901

It is a white tile 1x2

The part 306901.dat has been created and should be part of your library (if you choose to install static colored parts)

Study the contents of the dat file and see that is no more than part 3069b.dat in color 15 (=white) at x,y,z = 0,0,0

1 15 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 3069B.DAT

The description is "_Tile  1 x  2 with Groove White" and the name is 306901.dat.

So, if you want to create static colored parts you only need to find out what the LEGO part number for the particular design is and create it.

For example see here all numbers for design 3069 flat tiles 1x2: https://brickset.com/parts/design-3069

Say you want to create the static reddish brown colored version of this tile use color 70:

1 70 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 3069B.DAT

Save as (part number) 4211151.dat
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »