I'm having trouble making stickers.

I'm having trouble making stickers.
I've been trying to make some stickers for a NES I made in LeoCAD, but everytime I load the .dat file in LDCad, it doesn' work!

If someone could tell me what I'm doing wrong, that would be great! Here are some more pictures:
[color=#333333]     [/color]
[color=#333333]This is an image of the .dat file, just in case you can't download the actual file:[/color]
[color=#333333]
.png   help 3.png (Size: 12.69 KB / Downloads: 93) [/color]
[color=#333333]Here's the .dat file. I was going to send the image file as well, but it wouldn't let me upload it:
.dat   SMB Label.dat (Size: 390 bytes / Downloads: 2) [/color]
RE: I'm having trouble making stickers.
(2018-11-07, 21:23)Jordan McClure Wrote: I've been trying to make some stickers for a NES I made in LeoCAD, but everytime I load the .dat file in LDCad, it doesn' work!

If someone could tell me what I'm doing wrong, that would be great! Here are some more pictures:

[color=#333333]This is an image of the .dat file, just in case you can't download the actual file:[/color]

[color=#333333]Here's the .dat file. I was going to send the image file as well, but it wouldn't let me upload it: [/color]

Hi Jordan,

Put your dat file (for the part) in the Unoffcial folder / parts.
You should make a subfolder there called "textures" where your PNG file(s) go.

I.e. C:\Users\Public\Documents\LDraw\Unofficial\Parts\textures

It's best that you do not use spaces in filenames.
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
(2018-11-07, 21:49)Jaco van der Molen Wrote:
(2018-11-07, 21:23)Jordan McClure Wrote: I've been trying to make some stickers for a NES I made in LeoCAD, but everytime I load the .dat file in LDCad, it doesn' work!

[color=#333333]Here's the .dat file. I was going to send the image file as well, but it wouldn't let me upload it: [/color]

Hi Jordan,

Put your dat file (for the part) in the Unoffcial folder / parts.
You should make a subfolder there called "textures" where your PNG file(s) go.

I.e. C:\Users\Public\Documents\LDraw\Unofficial\Parts\textures

It's best that you do not use spaces in filenames.

Thanks! That worked!

However, I don't know how to transfer the files to LeoCAD. Is there a way to do this?

There is a bug in 1.6b which prevents texture loading when filenames with spaces in them are used.

This is fixed in 1.6c but until that version is released you should prevent using spaces in the png name.

Other then that its best to keep the .png in the same folder as the .dat using it.
(2018-11-07, 22:31)Roland Melkert Wrote:

There is a bug in 1.6b which prevents texture loading when filenames with spaces in them are used.

This is fixed in 1.6c but until that version is released you should prevent using spaces in the png name.

Other then that its best to keep the .png in the same folder as the .dat using it.

Yeah, that was part of the problem, because when I removed the spaces, it worked just fine... in LDCad... by itself. When I imported it into LeoCAD, the texture disappeared again! IDK why this is, and it's really getting frustrating...  Sad
(2018-11-07, 22:45)Jordan McClure Wrote:
(2018-11-07, 22:31)Roland Melkert Wrote: There is a bug in 1.6b which prevents texture loading when filenames with spaces in them are used.

Yeah, that was part of the problem, because when I removed the spaces, it worked just fine... in LDCad... by itself. When I imported it into LeoCAD, the texture disappeared again! IDK why this is, and it's really getting frustrating...  Sad

Sorry, I have no experience with LeoCAD and textures.
But I can asume you have to leave the png in the same folder for that like Roland said.
I didn't know better on how to work with patterned parts then I mentioned and putting the png in the textures folder.
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »