LDPE Rotation bug

Rotation bug
There is a rotation bug that is driving me nuts. I think I have found out how to reproduce it-

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/rdun0og50...rixoj&dl=0

Here is a video of the issue. Sorry for bad quality, had wrong settings in OBS when I captured it.

What I think reproduces it is the following. 

1. Be on rotation mode
2. Copy/paste a submodel in text editor
3. Select that line and choose select in 3d view.
4. Try to rotate and it will jump to a random rotation before starting to rotate.
RE: Rotation bug
That might be related to this bug:
https://github.com/nilsschmidt1337/ldpar...issues/952

should be fixed in .67

I updated now also to .75 and will observe

.png   Screenshot 2024-03-12 112409.png (Size: 36.45 KB / Downloads: 66)

Before you rotate you should always "Move the Manipulator to the Origin of a selected Subfile"

and also "Orientate the Manipulator to the World" doesn't hurt when working on a standard grid.

w.
LEGO ergo sum
Rotation bug confirmed
(2024-03-12, 7:59)Fredrik Hareide Wrote: There is a rotation bug that is driving me nuts. I think I have found out how to reproduce it-

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/rdun0og50...rixoj&dl=0

Here is a video of the issue. Sorry for bad quality, had wrong settings in OBS when I captured it.

What I think reproduces it is the following. 

1. Be on rotation mode
2. Copy/paste a submodel in text editor
3. Select that line and choose select in 3d view.
4. Try to rotate and it will jump to a random rotation before starting to rotate.

Thanks, Frederik. I created an issue (#1024) and was able to reproduce the problem, too!
Will try to fix this finally with high priority on the next release.
I think this is also mostly for small angles less than 30-45°...
I also experienced this, for quite small angles it is better to rotate for example 90° and then the complementary angle back.

(just an idea for future releases: include an option for copies, as of now when you move parts, but except of manually copying it first and then pasting it afterwards, there is no option to keep the original things. same for mirroring and rotating.)
(2024-03-14, 20:14)Rene Rechthaler Wrote: I think this is also mostly for small angles less than 30-45°...
I also experienced this, for quite small angles it is better to rotate for example 90° and then the complementary angle back.

(just an idea for future releases: include an option for copies, as of now when you move parts, but except of manually copying it first and then pasting it afterwards, there is no option to keep the original things. same for mirroring and rotating.)

Happens to me regularly also on 90 deg rotations, I try to hold the correct handle, but sometimes it slips
RE: Rotation bug confirmed
(2024-03-14, 18:25)Nils Schmidt Wrote: Thanks, Frederik. I created an issue (#1024) and was able to reproduce the problem, too!
Will try to fix this finally with high priority on the next release.

Thank you!
Move and copy is already there
(2024-03-14, 20:14)Rene Rechthaler Wrote: (just an idea for future releases: include an option for copies, as of now when you move parts, but except of manually copying it first and then pasting it afterwards, there is no option to keep the original things. same for mirroring and rotating.)

The option for copies is already there, but its not documented anywhere, yet.

Steps to copy+translate a selection in the 3D editor (depending on the snapping grid):
1. Select your objects (e.g. a primitive)
2. Switch to the manipulator (e.g. "Move" or "Rotate")
3. Move the cursor to one of the manipulator axes until it is highlighted.
4. Hold Ctrl and press one of the cursor keys (up, down, right, left) on the keyboard (this will copy and transform your selection).
5. Release Ctrl  and use the cursor keys multiple times to move the selection to the desired position (this is optional).

That way, it will copy and move your selection.

Alternative solution:
Click the "Actions..." menu and choose "Translate", "Move" or "Scale". This way you can create a copy, too. I is even possible to copy and move it multiple times.

(2024-03-14, 20:14)Rene Rechthaler Wrote: (...there is no option to keep the original things. same for mirroring and rotating.)

With the "B" key you can toggle between "Move Adjacent Objects". When this is ON, then it will move everything which is adjacent to your selection.
Consider two triangles which are sharing the same coordinates: You can select one, but it will move both.
When it is OFF on the other hand, it will move only one triangle.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »