Showcase models?

Showcase models?
Besides MOC Pages, is there anywhere I can showcase/organize my models that will also allow me to upload the models' MPD files? MOC Pages works but the quality of the photos/renderings is very low. Thanks.
RE: Showcase models?
(2018-09-11, 3:06)Michael Horvath Wrote: Besides MOC Pages, is there anywhere I can showcase/organize my models that will also allow me to upload the models' MPD files? MOC Pages works but the quality of the photos/renderings is very low. Thanks.

I use Rebrickable.  It has a format that is designed for people who want to build other people's MOCs.  So I upload a parts list and building instructions for various projects.

The creator of Rebrickable also manages Bricksafe which is a storage facility for things like the building instructions and photos of your MOC, and AFAIK not specifically designed for viewing by other people.  The nice thing is that links from Rebrickable to Bricksafe will always work.  And if you upload multiple photos of your MOC to Bricksafe and link to one of them for your showcase on Rebrickable, then Rebrickable will run a slideshow of all of your photos.

Walt
(2018-09-12, 17:37)Walt White Wrote: It has a format that is designed for people who want to build other people's MOCs.  So I upload a parts list and building instructions for various projects.

What formats do they support? Can I just upload an LDR file?
(2018-09-12, 19:48)Michael Horvath Wrote:
(2018-09-12, 17:37)Walt White Wrote: It has a format that is designed for people who want to build other people's MOCs.  So I upload a parts list and building instructions for various projects.

What formats do they support? Can I just upload an LDR file?

I think you can use any format as they are basically attachments to the model' article page.
(2018-09-12, 19:55)Roland Melkert Wrote:
(2018-09-12, 19:48)Michael Horvath Wrote: What formats do they support? Can I just upload an LDR file?

I think you can use any format as they are basically attachments to the model' article page.

From their FAQ page:

Step 3 - Links
All the fields in this step are optional.
  • More Details URL - this is what the main image will be linked to. If you use a publicly viewable Bricksafe page it will automatically display the images on that page in a gallery along with your main image picked in step 2.

• CAD/3D File URL - Direct link to a digital model file if you have one. It can be the same as the instructions if you like.

• Video - the video will be displayed underneath your description. Alternatively, you can embed the video in the description itself. It recognises any Youtube URLs automatically, but any other site must use their embed codes. It also works with Mecabricks.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »