New stud primitive for hips?

New stud primitive for hips?
I've made a new primitive, hipstud.dat to be used on all the differently shaped hips available as LDD files.

I want to create more hips, like the genie-hip and the ghost-hip. In fact, I already have them prepared and want to upload them.
  • Does the name work? hipstud.dat
    When do I have to also create a lo-res version? Isn't that only needed to fool MLCad?
  • There is sometime a small difference of the inner diameter of the hipstud. Some hipstuds seem to have a blocked inside.
    It is oddly shaped and nothing connects to that hole. Is it OK to only have one version of the hipstud?
  • I remember a discusion about the tiny hole on the frontside of the stud on short hips and leg, 41879a and 41879b.
    IMO one version is missing, 41879c, with blocked hole. The printed short legs also have a difference in the  small hole, blocked or  open. Do we need to make all these as correct as possible, or is it enough to only use one hipsstud? Which one? I need to create subfiles without printed surface.
  • There is a subfile for the two-coloured short leg, with shorts (Bart Simpson), but now there is a new version of the two-coloured part for Dobby. New partnumber and new subfiles?
RE: New stud primitive for hips?
Quote:Does the name work? hipstud.dat
I'm fine with that
Quote:When do I have to also create a lo-res version? Isn't that only needed to fool MLCad?
AFAIK only MLCad complains, and only if "stud" filename is studxxx. Naming it hipstud avoids the issue.
Quote:
  • There is sometime a small difference of the inner diameter of the hipstud. Some hipstuds seem to have a blocked inside.
    It is oddly shaped and nothing connects to that hole. Is it OK to only have one version of the hipstud?
  • I remember a discusion about the tiny hole on the frontside of the stud on short hips and leg, 41879a and 41879b.
    IMO one version is missing, 41879c, with blocked hole. The printed short legs also have a difference in the  small hole, blocked or  open. Do we need to make all these as correct as possible, or is it enough to only use one hipsstud? Which one? I need to create subfiles without printed surface.
imho these are only non-functional molding artifacts and don't need to be modeled (especially since the "stud" is hidden in torso)

No detailed information for Dobby's legs...
Is the one circled below actually different from all the rest, or is it just a weird rendering artifact?

[Image: o2fciUe.png]
(2018-08-15, 17:09)Travis Cobbs Wrote: Is the one circled below actually different from all the rest, or is it just a weird rendering artifact?
Neither. It is very bad LDD data.
I like this idea.

I would prefer "studhip.dat", but that would make MLCad ask for stu2hip.dat".
So I can live with hipstud.dat.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »