LDCad Flex part>Motor cable not editable?

LDCad Flex part>Motor cable not editable?
I haven't made any models in a while and I ran into an issue guiding the cable of an M-Motor. At first I thought I was out of practice, but then I noticed the cable on the sensor I used looked different: none of my motor parts have editing points in the cable.

I have recently updated to LDCad 1.6b, but I am not aware of having made any changes. 
How can I get the editing points back?

RE: LDCad Flex part>Motor cable not editable?
(2018-05-10, 11:52)Jetro de Château Wrote: I haven't made any models in a while and I ran into an issue guiding the cable of an M-Motor. At first I thought I was out of practice, but then I noticed the cable on the sensor I used looked different: none of my motor parts have editing points in the cable.

I have recently updated to LDCad 1.6b, but I am not aware of having made any changes. 
How can I get the editing points back?
Hi Jetro,
No significant change either in program or templates... I guess that by "editing points" you don't mean the local stiffness adjustment balls as we see them on your screenshots. Just remember that you can use the "dynhp" mode to make cable transparent to access the balls if they are hidden.
Otherwise, to add a new control point, select either the motor or the connector and hit "Ins" key.
(2018-05-10, 15:15)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: Just remember that you can use the "dynhp" mode to make cable transparent to access the balls if they are hidden.
Did not know anybody ever used that feature, It's called "Dynamic High Priority" mode as it favors path points over normal geometry during selection.
(2018-05-10, 15:15)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: Hi Jetro,
No significant change either in program or templates... I guess that by "editing points" you don't mean the local stiffness adjustment balls as we see them on your screenshots. Just remember that you can use the "dynhp" mode to make cable transparent to access the balls if they are hidden.
Otherwise, to add a new control point, select either the motor or the connector and hit "Ins" key.

I tried copy paste instead of "ins" and that got me either a duplicate connector or a duplicate motor. I totally missed the "ins option. That does the job. Thanks!

I was referring to the two little diamond shapes you can see on all the other cables (sensors, light, ...). Those are not present on the motor cables for some reason.
Quote:I was referring to the two little diamond shapes you can see on all the other cables (sensors, light, ...). Those are not present on the motor cables for some reason.
I see no diamond shape, only spheres (local stiffness control) that are partially burried in the straight cable of sensors, but are fully visible with the bent cables of motors.
@Roland: not that I used often the "Dynamic High Priority" mode Wink But it does help sometimes!
(2018-05-11, 7:29)Philippe Hurbain Wrote:
Quote:I was referring to the two little diamond shapes you can see on all the other cables (sensors, light, ...). Those are not present on the motor cables for some reason.
I see no diamond shape, only spheres (local stiffness control) that are partially burried in the straight cable of sensors, but are fully visible with the bent cables of motors.

Now I see... They looked like diamonds to me because they are partially buried inside the ridges of the cable.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »