Help with unofficial parts in LDcad

Help with unofficial parts in LDcad
Is there a way to install unofficial parts in LDcad without downloading the entire unofficial parts library?

I have the parts I want, I tried putting them in folder structures like

/Unofficial/ldraw/Parts (as it is in the 'Complete' Zip that LDcad draws from)

I went into LDcad, Preferences, search and added the new folder/s (I tried many different file structures) as described here:
http://www.melkert.net/LDCad/faq#faq_unoflib

I restarted and all that, I just cant seem to have the program find these parts, to see if it has them I open LDcad, go to search and search the exact part numbers as their files are named such as
"24196"

Anyone have any ideas?

Thank you in advance.
RE: Help with unofficial parts in LDcad
(2018-05-03, 3:12)End Unsure Wrote: Is there a way to install unofficial parts in LDcad without downloading the entire unofficial parts library?

I have the parts I want, I tried putting them in folder structures like

/Unofficial/ldraw/Parts (as it is in the 'Complete' Zip that LDcad draws from)

I went into LDcad, Preferences, search and added the new folder/s (I tried many different file structures) as described here:
http://www.melkert.net/LDCad/faq#faq_unoflib

You could create a folder containing a p and parts subfolder and register that folder as an unofficial library.

You'll get e.g.

c:\LDraw\Unofficial\P
c:\LDraw\Unofficial\Parts
c:\LDraw\Unofficial\Parts\24196.dat

And add
c:\LDraw\Unofficial
as the unoffical library in prefs/ldraw

Do not some parts have many dependencies you will also need to download, so in practice its usueally much easier to grab the whole unofficial library and use it as is (you don't even heve to unpack it).

(2018-05-03, 3:12)End Unsure Wrote: I restarted and all that, I just cant seem to have the program find these parts, to see if it has them I open LDcad, go to search and search the exact part numbers as their files are named such as
"24196"
By default the search filter only tests against part descriptions. You can change that by clicking on the filter text area, and enabling "name" in the "match on" panel. Afterwards you probably also want to use the bottom right "Options ..." button to make it the default and apply it to all bins.
(2018-05-03, 16:56)Roland Melkert Wrote: Do note some parts have many dependencies you will also need to download, so in practice its usueally much easier to grab the whole unofficial library and use it as is (you don't even heve to unpack it).

As long as your place the part in <LDraw Root>/Unofficial/P, if you open the part in LDView, it will automatically download any missing dependencies (as long as you don't have that feature disabled in LDView).
All that advice really helped guys, I was so close I just needed to be sure of a few things and fix a couple others. It all works great now. Thank you.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »