LPub3D 2.2 released but ...

LPub3D 2.2 released but ...
Lpub3D has been updated to version 2.2. However, I'd be wary of installing it.

I downloaded and installed it (Windows 7, 32 bit). I encountered the following issues;
1) when using LDView as the renderer, if the checkbox for rendering multiple files is ticked (in Preferences), LDView prompts me for a file to open. This does not happen when processing the instruction's image single file at a time. N.B. the LDView being invoked is the custom one distributed with LPub3D rather than the LDView installed from the AIOI.
2) Selecting POV-Ray as the render results in no parts appearing in the parts list nor any assembly images
3) Some parts are not getting displayed in the instruction (e.g. PF medium motor) rather than being displayed faded.
4) The uninstall program claims LPub3D is not installed. Further, the program is not listed as a program which can be uninstalled via the control panel.

I'm now going to try to revert back to 2.0.20, as it seems to be the most stable release.

Regards,

David
RE: LPub3D 2.2 released but ...
As an FYI, I've logged the above issues at https://github.com/trevorsandy/lpub3d/issues.

David
(2018-03-20, 8:32)David Manley Wrote: Lpub3D has been updated to version 2.2. However, I'd be wary of installing it.

I downloaded and installed it (Windows 7, 32 bit). I encountered the following issues;
1) when using LDView as the renderer, if the checkbox for rendering multiple files is ticked (in Preferences), LDView prompts me for a file to open. This does not happen when processing the instruction's image single file at a time. N.B. the LDView being invoked is the custom one distributed with LPub3D rather than the LDView installed from the AIOI.
2) Selecting POV-Ray as the render results in no parts appearing in the parts list nor any assembly images
3) Some parts are not getting displayed in the instruction (e.g. PF medium motor) rather than being displayed faded.
4) The uninstall program claims LPub3D is not installed. Further, the program is not listed as a program which can be uninstalled via the control panel.

I'm now going to try to revert back to 2.0.20, as it seems to be the most stable release.

Regards,

David

LPub3D version 2.2.1 has been released and appears to have addressed the issues I identified here.

Regards,

David
I just noticed that in the recent releases of LPub3D, turning off 'Single call multiple rendering' is actually much faster than turning it on. I was trying to generate a 600 page pdf and when I came back I noticed it had only done 38 pages in like 30 minutes. Turned that option off and now it has done almost 100 page in about 10 minutes.

Anyone else experiencing this? That option used to speed the rendering up instead of slowing it down.
(2018-04-22, 14:26)Merlijn Wissink Wrote: I just noticed that in the recent releases of LPub3D, turning off 'Single call multiple rendering' is actually much faster than turning it on. I was trying to generate a 600 page pdf and when I came back I noticed it had only done 38 pages in like 30 minutes. Turned that option off and now it has done almost 100 page in about 10 minutes.

Anyone else experiencing this? That option used to speed the rendering up instead of slowing it down.

Hi Merlijn,

I've experienced something similar, where rendering with the option turned off is faster than with it turned on.

David
Thanks. I created an issue for it on GitHub.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »