LDCad Parts Bin PBG

LDCad Parts Bin PBG
Hello,
Rebrickable  offer us export parts as LDCad Parts Bin PBG as one of many options. I'm new with LDCad.
  • Can you tell me with version on LCad is currently supported ?
  • How LDCad colors codes corresponding with LDraw color normalization ?
Lego isn't just a brand of plastic bricks. It's a lifestyle; and artistic medium.
RE: LDCad Parts Bin PBG
(2018-01-25, 8:27)Jarema Wrote: Hello,
Rebrickable  offer us export parts as LDCad Parts Bin PBG as one of many options. I'm new with LDCad.
  • Can you tell me with version on LCad is currently supported ?
  • How LDCad colors codes corresponding with LDraw color normalization ?
The pbg files provided by rebrickable are AFAIK compatible with all modern versions of LDCad (at least 1.4). To use them you need to place them in %appdata%\LDCad\partBin\default\sets (and possibly add a png image too)
LDCad is purely LDraw based so it uses LDraw colors!
LDCad file format is creepy. Mix MS-DOS configuration with some random chars is not funny at all.
If you do not tell me about this path. This will be no way to consider how import|use *.pbg correctly.
My hope for this program resurrected when load model from *.mpd and start using LUA Scripts.

EDIT: forgot to mention. This trick do not work for me with v1.6a and v1.4. So maybe some have great effect with https://www.rebrickable.com/sets/42026-1.
Lego isn't just a brand of plastic bricks. It's a lifestyle; and artistic medium.
Quote:LDCad file format is creepy. Mix MS-DOS configuration with some random chars is not funny at all.
??? What do you mean ?!?
(2018-01-25, 16:32)Jarema Wrote: LDCad file format is creepy. Mix MS-DOS configuration with some random chars is not funny at all.

FYI:
  - pbg's like all LDCad config files don't care about dos/unix line ends.
  - The format is basically "ini++" where a "[foo]" section are key=value pairs and "<foo>" sections are string lists.
Code:
1  [options]
2  kind=basic
3  caption=42007-1-Moto Cross Bike
4  sortOn=description
6  <items>
7  44567.dat:[sourceInv=parts] [color=0] [count=1]
8  60471.dat:[sourceInv=parts] [color=0] [count=1]

Line 1 .. 4 is correct MS-DOS configuration format
Line 6 look like XML
Line 7 .. 8 for is mixed MS-DOS configuration with something unique for me.  Gave me a clue, where i can read about this data standard | format.

I Installed latest 1.6a version (WIN64), and put into %appdata%\LDCad\partBin\default\sets files 42007.png and 42007.png

:: Tell me what is wrong with this image. I Can not see in Part Bin window ? 256x256 in size, has alpha channel.
:: How add whole model to workplace ? I can add only single part.

Attached Files
.png   42007.png (Size: 68.89 KB / Downloads: 104)
(2018-02-01, 17:34)Jarema Wrote: Line 1 .. 4 is correct MS-DOS configuration format
Line 6 look like XML
Line 7 .. 8 for is mixed MS-DOS configuration with something unique for me.  Gave me a clue, where i can read about this data standard | format.
Like I wrote above the format is my own (very simple) extension to basic ini files.

(2018-02-01, 17:34)Jarema Wrote: :: Tell me what is wrong with this image. I Can not see in Part Bin window ? 256x256 in size, has alpha channel.
You need to add:
picture=42007.png
to the options block.

(2018-02-01, 17:34)Jarema Wrote: :: How add whole model to workplace ? I can add only single part.
By simply opening it. All open models are visible in the part bin through special "overview" groups. You can switch among them by clicking the edit icon in their bin cells or by using the sessions menu you open by clicking on the current model filename shown in the top right.
(2018-02-01, 20:24)Roland Melkert Wrote: You need to add:
picture=42007.png
to the options block.
Give me absolute | relative full path to file, which must be modified.

(2018-02-01, 20:24)Roland Melkert Wrote: By simply opening it. All open models are visible in the part bin through special "overview" groups. You can switch among them by clicking the edit icon in their bin cells or by using the sessions menu you open by clicking on the current model filename shown in the top right.

Point me step by step what must click to accomplish task.  Why i can't just drag models from "Lego Sets" tab and drop to workplace.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Quote:Give me absolute | relative full path to file, which must be modified.
If as suggested you put the image in %appdata%\LDCad\partBin\default\sets next to .pbg file, there is no need to specify a path.

Quote:Point me step by step what must click to accomplish task.  Why i can't just drag models from "Lego Sets" tab and drop to workplace.
Ah! got it... a pbg is NOT a model file, just an inventory, useful to virtually build the model. If you want the already assembled set you have to download it from LDraw OMR (or other sources eg. Eurobricks).
42007 is lacking from OMR, a rough model is available here... Completing it properly is a  good way to improve your skills with LDCad Wink
(2018-02-02, 10:27)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: Ah! got it... a pbg is NOT a model file, just an inventory, useful to virtually build the model. If you want the already assembled set you have to download it from LDraw OMR (or other sources eg. Eurobricks).
42007 is lacking from OMR, a rough model is available here... Completing it properly is a  good way to improve your skills with LDCad Wink

42007 is not in the omr db, and the one one eurobrick seems unfinshed due to missing parts at the time of posting.

Look like the perfect situation to draw it your self as it is a fun medium difficultly model.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »