Novice question

Novice question
Hi,
i started learn LPUB3D. I have request to advanced users. Can you spare your time to make LDraw file after import to LPUB3D look so much close as instruction in attachment ?

Best wishes

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.dat   car.dat (Size: 2.93 KB / Downloads: 3)
Lego isn't just a brand of plastic bricks. It's a lifestyle; and artistic medium.
RE: Novice question
Something like this?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.ldr   car.ldr (Size: 2.85 KB / Downloads: 3)
Thanks. This what i looking for. Another question where i find compendium or HOW TO use LPUB3D, because as total novice i can not change simple things as color of single part. Using File Editor only is not user friendly at all.
Lego isn't just a brand of plastic bricks. It's a lifestyle; and artistic medium.
(2017-12-26, 14:21)Jarema Wrote: Thanks. This what i looking for. Another question where i find compendium or HOW TO use LPUB3D, because as total novice
https://sites.google.com/site/workingwithlpub/ is probably your best source. Tutorials on Lpub (not 3d) are also a valuable source since LPub3d is not so different (it's an evolution rather than a revolution Wink  )
Quote:i can not change simple things as color of single part.
This is not the purpose of LPub which is an instruction generator, not a model builder. Use your favorite LDraw editor to give the parts the intended colors.
Note that if by 'single part' you mean element of the building instruction such as page background, then right click on it... Right click and contextual menu is the way to work with LPub. Only problem is to right click in the correct place, as right clicking on background is not the same as right clicking on model, nor parts list and so on...

Quote:Using File Editor only is not user friendly at all.
You should not have to... As said above, right click everywhere till you find what you want. A few global things can be changed from preferences menu too.

Now if you tell me that LPub is not extremely user friendly I'll have to agree, but making BIs exactly as you want is... extremely complex Wink
I find my solution. It is relay on LDDP Homepage. Some have considered add this specialized text editor to LDraw All-In-One-Installer.
(2017-12-27, 11:09)Jarema Wrote: Some have considered add this specialized text editor to LDraw All-In-One-Installer.

No 'cos LDDP is targeting authors, not the casual LDraw user. Therefore there is no DAtheader, LDPE, LDPC, LetGUI in the AIOI.

w.
LEGO ergo sum
(2017-12-27, 13:10)Willy Tschager Wrote:
(2017-12-27, 11:09)Jarema Wrote: Some have considered add this specialized text editor to LDraw All-In-One-Installer.

No 'cos LDDP is targeting authors, not the casual LDraw user. Therefore there is no DAtheader, LDPE, LDPC, LetGUI in the AIOI.

w.

I am a wanna be author, but keep on hitting road blocks. I found the Lego Software Power Tools book very helpful for MLCAD. But I saw the newer tools were better, but documentation was much less and I ran into trouble importing MLCAD format.

Lego Jr products are fantastic for ADHD/ASD preK-2nd graders, but there are only a few products, so I want to build models and instructions for junior kits and build social story and understanding emotion books.

What would be extremely helpful is a tutorial on making and wrapping a sticker on a face or other curved object, plus different formats and care and feeding of translators/converters.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »