Search possibilities in LDCad

Search possibilities in LDCad
Hi.

My second day ever with LDraw.org - didn´t know about the existence until yesterday, but better late than never Wink

My question is: When I´m working in LDCad, I have the possibility to search for a brick, but I have to do it in the right category, but that takes up a lot of time whem I'm new, to figure out where that is.
So, is there a way to do a meta-search, where I can do a search in every category in one place and then get a list of results from each category where let's say 2x4 or propeller exists? Or maybe even better - do a search with the official LEGO-number like 2569 (it's an atenna)?

Hopefully some of you can help me, and I'm sorry if this has already been answered, but I haven't found it.

All the best,
Per (Denmark)
RE: Search possibilities in LDCad
You don't have to search in a category. There's a top level category called "Search" which searches the whole library.
It also accepts part numbers.
(2017-10-22, 10:36)Richard Speyer Wrote: You don't have to search in a category. There's a top level category called "Search" which searches the whole library.
It also accepts part numbers.

Thanks for your quick answer.
Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place - It seems like the only way to do a search is by using a filter, is this correct (and in my version of the program I have to dive in to the right category, to get any results), because I cant find other search-options?
Quote:but better late than never [Image: wink.png]
Indeed! Welcome here...

The generic search tool (not linked to a category) is located at top level of parts tree. The icon is the minifig with a magnifier.

[Image: docGUI-CleanScr.png]

When you type in text in the filter field of search tool, you do a search through the whole LDraw library. Note that by default LDCad doesn't search on part number. To allow this you have to click on search field to open filter option and check "name"
[Image: docEdit-filterDlg.png]
There are detailed tutorials on Roland's website: http://www.melkert.net/LDCad/docs/
(2017-10-22, 11:34)Philippe Hurbain Wrote:
Quote:but better late than never [Image: wink.png]
Indeed! Welcome here...

The generic search tool (not linked to a category) is located at top level of parts tree. The icon is the minifig with a magnifier.

[Image: docGUI-CleanScr.png]

When you type in text in the filter field of search tool, you do a search through the whole LDraw library. Note that by default LDCad doesn't search on part number. To allow this you have to click on search field to open filter option and check "name"
[Image: docEdit-filterDlg.png]
There are detailed tutorials on Roland's website: http://www.melkert.net/LDCad/docs/

Thank you very much! Probably the only solution I didn't try...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »