Exporting problem

Exporting problem
Hi, I need some help. I use Stud.io to build, but I do use the LDraw programs. Here is my problem. I build my model in Stud.io containing sub-models, and then I export it. I then open LIC and load my model, and all the sub-models are missing. But, if I load it into LPub3D, it works just fine and the sub-models are there. When I build something with sub-models in MLCad and load it into LIC, all the sub-models are there(Sub-models also disappear when I import my model into MLCad from Stud.io). I just can't figure out where the problem is, if it's my computer or if it's Stud.io. This started happing to me when I updated Stud.io to version 1.0.0_86(Really wish I didn't) and so far haven't been able to get any help from them...

Many thanks to any help provided.
RE: Exporting problem
There must be something non-standard with stud.io export... Should not be all wrong if lpub3d understand it. Can you share one of these exported files ?
(2017-07-21, 11:55)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: There must be something non-standard with stud.io export... Should not be all wrong if lpub3d understand it. Can you share one of these exported files ?

Far I know Stud.io is LDraw just zipped, so why does it change files during an export ?
(2017-07-21, 11:55)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: There must be something non-standard with stud.io export... Should not be all wrong if lpub3d understand it. Can you share one of these exported files ?
Here is one of the files.
.ldr   SF-4.ldr (Size: 23.9 KB / Downloads: 2) I forgot mention that I've also had this error, There is no disk in the drive. Please insent a disk into drive F:. when I open LIC. I click it away 8 to 9 times and LIC opens.
(2017-07-22, 3:52)Jonah Wrote:
Here is one of the files.  I forgot mention that I've also had this error, There is no disk in the drive. Please insent a disk into drive F:. when I open LIC. I click it away 8 to 9 times and LIC opens.
Both problems seem to come from LIC... I had a cursory look at your file, everything look ok (but I don't have here all my tools!). Could be as simple as blank spaces in subfile names... (Eg "submodel group 1") Some LDraw tools don't like that.
Forgot to ask... Maybe you still have a file exported with old version of stud.io that worked with LIC? That would help to spot the difference... and the problem!
(2017-07-22, 8:37)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: Forgot to ask... Maybe you still have a file exported with old version of stud.io that worked with LIC? That would help to spot the difference... and the problem!
I did some more playing around with it, and finally figured out how to update LIC from GitHub to version 3.2(I was using 3.0 that came with LDraw installer). I got it to work and had all my sub-models. Now when I open the new version and try to import a model, it gets stuck at 0%. I guess there's no problem with the files, and it's just LIC? Must be a bug that's causing that?  Undecided
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »