LDDP Relevancy

LDDP Relevancy
With the advent of LDPE is LDDP still relevant? I've had a bug to start development again but if LDPE has completely supplanted LDDP functionality then I'll redirect my effort to other LDraw related projects.
RE: LDDP Relevancy
(2017-06-02, 18:54)Orion Pobursky Wrote: With the advent of LDPE is LDDP still relevant? I've had a bug to start development again but if LDPE has completely supplanted LDDP functionality then I'll redirect my effort to other LDraw related projects.
Though Ldpe is a wonderful tool it's still heavy to start. So to quickly check a file Lddp remains my main tool, used daily!
(2017-06-02, 20:09)Philippe Hurbain Wrote:
(2017-06-02, 18:54)Orion Pobursky Wrote: With the advent of LDPE is LDDP still relevant? I've had a bug to start development again but if LDPE has completely supplanted LDDP functionality then I'll redirect my effort to other LDraw related projects.
Though Ldpe is a wonderful tool it's still heavy to start. So to quickly check a file Lddp remains my main tool, used daily!

Awesome. LDDP reboot is gonna take a bit since I have to do a complete rewrite. Delphi has become too expensive to continue to use as a development platform so I'm going have to switch to something more pocketbook friendly (read: free, as in beer)

Same here.
LDDP is in daily use.
(2017-06-02, 18:54)Orion Pobursky Wrote: With the advent of LDPE is LDDP still relevant?

Yes, it is. I am still using LDDP for quick edits or reviews.

LDPE takes a long time to start. Especially, on older systems.
Unfortunately, I have no time to optimise LDPE's startup duration (there is still some room for improvements).
Other things have to be done first.

edit: Ok. I did some improvements recently. But LDPE has still a longer startup time, compared to LDDP!!
(2017-06-02, 20:29)Orion Pobursky Wrote:
(2017-06-02, 20:09)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: Though Ldpe is a wonderful tool it's still heavy to start. So to quickly check a file Lddp remains my main tool, used daily!

Awesome. LDDP reboot is gonna take a bit since I have to do a complete rewrite. Delphi has become too expensive to continue to use as a development platform so I'm going have to switch to something more pocketbook friendly (read: free, as in beer)

So apparently my C++ is more rusty than I thought...
As a parts author I can say that LDDP is one of the tools I use most for creation and editing. If you decide to update though an option to move the selection by a specific X, Y, and Z values similar to the "move exact" feature of Ldraw Add On would be great.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »