Filtering out patterned bricks

Filtering out patterned bricks
Is there a way to do this? There's a billion varieties, an extra drilldown would probably be better than putting them all in the same category. I apologize if it's been answered before, I can't seem to find anything more than one or two references to the problem, but no solution.

And on a related note, is there a way to filter bricks by what colors they actually exist in irl?

I'm using LDCad, but if a different program has a solution I'm happy to switch.

Thanks in advance.
RE: Filtering out patterned bricks
(2017-05-03, 22:09)Rune Wrote: Is there a way to do this? There's a billion varieties, an extra drilldown would probably be better than putting them all in the same category. I apologize if it's been answered before, I can't seem to find anything more than one or two references to the problem, but no solution.

Have you tried to do a search in a new tab for "Pattern" and "Brick" since all parts with a pattern bare the word "Pattern" in the description. Obviously the "Match kind" had to be (AND). Works also for "Pattern" "Slope", "Pattern" "Plate", ...

In MLCad it works this way: http://www.holly-wood.it/mlcad/basic4-en...parts_tree

w.
LEGO ergo sum
RE: Filtering out patterned bricks
(2017-05-03, 22:09)Rune Wrote: Is there a way to do this? There's a billion varieties, an extra drilldown would probably be better than putting them all in the same category. I apologize if it's been answered before, I can't seem to find anything more than one or two references to the problem, but no solution.

If you don't like the default part bin layout you can design a custom one or extend / modify the current one.

You'll need to get comfortable with the file format though:
http://www.melkert.net/LDCad/tech/partBin

An alternative is using inventory groups for models you know include all the bricks you need.

Rebrickable.com offers LDCad inventory exports.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »