[LDPatternCreator] Release 1.6.4 (UV Mapping)


[LDPatternCreator] Release 1.6.4 (UV Mapping)
#1
Rainbow 
Hello,

I did some projection improvements in my pattern creator program.
Instead of using a matrix to project a triangle from the 2D to the 3D space, I implemented a new approach (based on UV mapping).

Download and install the latest LDPatternCreator release directly from sourceforge.net.

PS: This update could be helpful for this task.

Change log:

New features:
  • Implemented a new and better UV projection method.
As always, I included a short readme.htm in the installation directory.


Cheers & Leg Godt


Nils
Reply
RE: [LDPatternCreator] Release 1.6.3 (UV Mapping)
#2
Need to do some 3D patterns again to test Wink
Any usage change?
Reply
RE: [LDPatternCreator] Release 1.6.3 (UV Mapping)
#3
(2017-02-09, 18:28)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: Any usage change?

Nope :)
Reply
Post-processing does not work on my machine anymore.
#4
Exclamation 
Hi,

today, I discovered an annoying and strange bug and suprisingly this bug was not part of the sourcecode of my program.
It affected the export process only. The export process had no chance to send the correct result to the target destination, because the .NET compiler skipped(!) the corresponding file IO method calls.
Root cause: I enabled code optimizations for the CLR and this corrupts the program behaviour during runtime.
This error is dependent from the version of the CLR and might not affect your LDPatternCreator installation, yet.
I will release a version without CLR runtime optimizations (for the post-processing methods) immediately!
Have a nice weekend!

Leg godt,

Nils
Reply
RE: Post-processing does not work on my machine anymore.
#5
Could it be related to this? https://sourceforge.net/p/patterncreator/tickets/190/
I am still annoyed by this issue on one of my machines...
Reply
RE: Post-processing does not work on my machine anymore.
#6
(2017-04-17, 6:16)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: Could it be related to this? https://sourceforge.net/p/patterncreator/tickets/190/
I am still annoyed by this issue on one of my machines...

I don't know yet... I have to investigate. It's not as trivial as I thought.

I enabled compiler optimizations => error occurs => disabled optimizations => error is gone permanently => published release (without optimizations) => error occurs again... Sad
I don't know... I guess that I have to redo a "correct" implementation of the export method again (to supress the unwanted "magic" of the CLR JIT compiler).

edit: There is no other solution to this madness than translating Rectifier, SlicerPro and Unificator from C++ to .NET... D'oh!

edit2: 33% done. Now, I need to translate Unificator and SlicerPro...
Reply
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »



Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)