LDPC file size

LDPC file size
Guys,

could someone please load this file into LDPC and see how it behaves?

.zip   Baseplate_6-31.01.2017.lpc.zip (Size: 495.35 KB / Downloads: 4)

On my i5-6300HQ with 8GB (uses 5% CPU and 44% RAM) it is so slow that work is almost not possible.

w.
LEGO ergo sum
RE: LDPC file size
There is some sluggishness, but nothing much worse than I often see with complicated patterns. Try to reduce LDPC window size, it helps.

Otherwise... wouldn't it be better/simpler to use TEXMAP for this part with many gradients?
(2017-01-31, 16:05)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: Otherwise... wouldn't it be better/simpler to use TEXMAP for this part with many gradients?

I'm old-school Philo, really old-school ... beside the fact that the PT doesn't support TEXMAP.

w.
LEGO ergo sum
Wink

Quote:beside the fact that the PT doesn't support TEXMAP.
THAT's annoying...
Lightbulb 
(2017-01-31, 15:22)Willy Tschager Wrote: could someone please load this file into LDPC and see how it behaves?

Hi Willy,

this performance issue is only related to the pixel size of your background image.
The method I use to draw the image is really slow, even on high end mobile machines (the Intel Core i5 6300HQ is fast enough!). I remeber that it was slower in the past... but, again, the current solution is far from perfect. (Actually, it was faster)
At the moment, you can try to decrease the size of the picture and cut off the lower part, too (studs only, no pattern).

I can try to improve the performance, but my time is very limited.

(!!!) edit
: I took a quick look and saw that I published a faster version in the past.  I amended this change, because the image looked blurred after the performance improvement. Would it be okay, if the resulting image would look more blurry, if you zoom in?

Currently, I am working on a completely new version of LDPC, when my spare time allows it.

Cheers
Nils
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »