James Jessiman Memorial Award for 2016 awarded to Nils Schmidt

James Jessiman Memorial Award for 2016 awarded to Nils Schmidt
The LDraw.org Steering Committee is pleased to announce that the 2016 James Jessiman Memorial Award (JJMA) recipient is Nils Schmidt.

Like last year the SteerCo reached consensus very fast over the recipient for the this year's James Jessiman Memorial Award.
Nils left his Dark Ages in 2009 when he used the LDraw System of Tools for the first time. Later on, he missed nearly all patterned parts from his favourite space theme UFO (1997–1998). He decided to built them all alone with a complex tool chain involving a commercial 3D editor from a Gaming-IDE, MLCad, SlicerPro and the LDDesignPad.
While he progressed on his apprenticeship as a professional software developer, he developed LDPC - the LD Pattern Creator, nowadays commonly used by part authors all over the world to create patterned LDraw parts.
Also the next program came immediately a standard application for LDraw part authors: LDPE or LDraw Part Editor, a platform independend CAD editor written entirely in Java, which turned a laborious fiddling with various programs into a piece of cake. Suddenly manipulations could be done with the a mouse-click, which previously required complex maths.

More information on the JJMA can be found at: http://www.ldraw.org/article/222.html

Willy Tschager
On behalf of the LDraw.org Steering Committee
LEGO ergo sum
RE: James Jessiman Memorial Award for 2016 awarded to Nils Schmidt
A well earned award! LDPC alone would have deserved it, and now there is LDPE Wink
Congratulations, Nils!!!
Congratulations, Nils!

Very impressive work. To always be open to new suggestions and features, while also creating continuous improvement of both programs is really impressive.

Thank you for making everything so much easier.
Oh dear... I thank you very much for this award! Its my pleasure to play around with LDraw and to develop highly useful tools for
the community. I am an agile software developer. I am a big fan of extreme programming, kanban and kaizen.
LDPC and LDPE are perpetual beta versions. They will stay at the development stage for an indefinite period of time!

I wish you all a good start and best personal health for the new year 2017.
One of my LDraw related goals for 2017 is to re-implement the LDPatternCreator.
Lets see what we can build together!

Leg godt

Nils
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »