Please help, the edges of the new parts are not smooth

Please help, the edges of the new parts are not smooth
I use the MLCAD to do a new component, using LDView export POV format, in the POV-RAY rendering, the edge is not smooth, can help me?
What should I do?

Attachments are part files.

Attached Files
.dat   888001.dat (Size: 2.3 KB / Downloads: 7)
RE: Please help, the edges of the new parts are not smooth
(2016-12-23, 12:25)su zhi jie Wrote: I use the MLCAD to do a new component, using LDView export POV format, in the POV-RAY rendering, the edge is not smooth, can help me?
What should I do?

Attachments are part files.
I am a novice, do not understand, and English is very bad, these are translated with Google! If there is wrong, please forgive me!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

If you're talking about the sharp edges on the piece in the back left (vs. the rounded ones on the piece in the front right), it's because there is no LGEO replacement for the piece in the back left. That means that the geometry from the LDraw file is used, and that geometry is significantly less high-quality than the geometry in LGEO parts.
(2016-12-24, 2:41)Travis Cobbs Wrote: If you're talking about the sharp edges on the piece in the back left (vs. the rounded ones on the piece in the front right), it's because there is no LGEO replacement for the piece in the back left. That means that the geometry from the LDraw file is used, and that geometry is significantly less high-quality than the geometry in LGEO parts.

Thank you very much for your reply! Yes, the components on the left rear part are new, the edges are not smooth, and the right front part is the LEGO part. Is there any way to be as smooth as the edge of LEGO?
(2016-12-24, 7:34)su zhi jie Wrote:
(2016-12-24, 2:41)Travis Cobbs Wrote: If you're talking about the sharp edges on the piece in the back left (vs. the rounded ones on the piece in the front right), it's because there is no LGEO replacement for the piece in the back left. That means that the geometry from the LDraw file is used, and that geometry is significantly less high-quality than the geometry in LGEO parts.

Thank you very much for your reply! Yes, the components on the left rear part are new, the edges are not smooth, and the right front part is the LEGO part. Is there any way to be as smooth as the edge of LEGO?

Note: When I said LGEO, that wasn't a typo. LGEO parts are parts that are created entirely in POV syntax, and have more detail than LDraw parts. The only way to have the new part have such detail is for someone to create it in LGEO fashion.
(2016-12-24, 21:00)Travis Cobbs Wrote:
(2016-12-24, 7:34)su zhi jie Wrote: Thank you very much for your reply! Yes, the components on the left rear part are new, the edges are not smooth, and the right front part is the LEGO part. Is there any way to be as smooth as the edge of LEGO?

Note: When I said LGEO, that wasn't a typo. LGEO parts are parts that are created entirely in POV syntax, and have more detail than LDraw parts. The only way to have the new part have such detail is for someone to create it in LGEO fashion.

I'm sorry, I have misunderstood what you mean!
What you are saying is that the new parts should be made with LG - ****. Inc files in the LGEO parts library to make the edges smooth, right?
For me, the creation of such documents is too esoteric INC! I should be no way to deal with the novice!
Can someone help me with this file? Thank you very much, this document is very important to me!
You're probably out of luck unless you can convince someone to produce the part in LGEO format. It's quite possible that it's already being worked on, though.
(2016-12-25, 22:33)Travis Cobbs Wrote: It's quite possible that it's already being worked on, though.

I doubt that. This looks like a fan-made ldraw compatible file, of a non existing brick.
Yes, this is not a LEGO part!
LGEO parts library should not have this part, this is another building block factory production parts!
I first came to this forum, all do not know, there is no way to convince others to help me do this part!
LDRAW is my own alone in groping and learning, but my English is very bad, so very difficult!
This part is very important for me, so I really want to create!
Is there a tutorial for creating LGEO parts?
Or such procedures?
(2016-12-26, 6:14)su zhi jie Wrote: Yes, this is not a LEGO part!
LGEO parts library should not have this part, this is another building block factory production parts!
I first came to this forum, all do not know, there is no way to convince others to help me do this part!
LDRAW is my own alone in groping and learning, but my English is very bad, so very difficult!
Or such procedures?

I would suggest trying to contact c3powen on Eurobricks. You might be able to PM him here on the ldraw.org forums, but I'm not sure he accepts PMs, or checks his PMs. He is http://forums.ldraw.org/user-541.html.
(2016-12-28, 3:20)Travis Cobbs Wrote: I would suggest trying to contact c3powen on Eurobricks. You might be able to PM him here on the ldraw.org forums, but I'm not sure he accepts PMs, or checks his PMs. He is http://forums.ldraw.org/user-541.html.

Darats on both forums is an other guy who could cope this kind of problem.
(2016-12-28, 7:30)Philippe Hurbain Wrote:
(2016-12-28, 3:20)Travis Cobbs Wrote: I would suggest trying to contact c3powen on Eurobricks. You might be able to PM him here on the ldraw.org forums, but I'm not sure he accepts PMs, or checks his PMs. He is http://forums.ldraw.org/user-541.html.

Right, I can do it. Give me some time and I will post here as soon as I have prepared my next LGEO update.

Edit: Wait ! Is this component actually exists or it is a custum part?
(2017-01-06, 7:53)Damien Roux Wrote: Edit: Wait ! Is this component actually exists or it is a custum part?
this is another building block factory production parts!

ah, yet another one of the many LEGO clones.....

http://brickset.com/article/23756/a-surv...-lego-2016
(2016-12-28, 3:20)Travis Cobbs Wrote:
Or such procedures?

I would suggest trying to contact c3powen on Eurobricks. You might be able to PM him here on the ldraw.org forums, but I'm not sure he accepts PMs, or checks his PMs. He is http://forums.ldraw.org/user-541.html.

thanks for your help!

Recently a little busy not on the forum, so until now to reply to you, very sorry!
(2016-12-28, 7:30)Philippe Hurbain Wrote:

thanks for your help!

Recently a little busy not on the forum, so until now to reply to you, very sorry!
(2017-01-06, 7:53)Damien Roux Wrote:
(2016-12-28, 7:30)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: Darats on both forums is an other guy who could cope this kind of problem.

Right, I can do it. Give me some time and I will post here as soon as I have prepared my next LGEO update.

Edit: Wait ! Is this component actually exists or it is a custum part?

Thank you for your help!
Recently a little busy on the forum, so until now to reply to you, very sorry!
Yes, it's a custom widget!
I am looking forward to your release, thank you!
Oh, by the time you release LGEO update can send mail to me?
I read your previous release LGEO update, I can not download here!
My mailbox is [email protected]!
(2017-01-06, 14:42)Steffen Wrote:
this is another building block factory production parts!

ah, yet another one of the many LEGO clones.....

http://brickset.com/article/23756/a-surv...-lego-2016

Yes, there are a lot of different building blocks factories, some in cloning, some in innovation!

For our building enthusiasts there are more choices!
I think this is a Kreo-o part, I bought once a Transformer Set, Bumble Bee, and it had it. The set is ever since in quarantine :-)
(2017-01-10, 23:24)Gerald Lasser Wrote: I think this is a Kreo-o part, I bought once a Transformer Set, Bumble Bee, and it had it. The set is ever since in quarantine :-)

Thank you for your reply! Yes, in the KRE-O Transformers set have this part, KRE-O has LEGO such parts library? Or in the LDRAW library have this?
Here is your part.

Copy the two files in your LGEO library.

Don't forget to add this in your ldraw.xml file :
        <Element>   
            <LDrawFilename>888001.dat</LDrawFilename>
            <POVName>lg_888001</POVName>
            <POVName Alternate="Clear">lg_888001_clear</POVName>
            <Dependency>LGDefs</Dependency>
            <POVFilename>lg_888001.inc</POVFilename>
            <MatrixRef>LGEOTransform</MatrixRef>
        </Element>

BTW, I will not do non-LEGO parts anymore, I did that one because I told you so, but that's it.

Attached Files
.inc   lg_888001.inc (Size: 1.57 KB / Downloads: 1)
.inc   888001.inc (Size: 223.17 KB / Downloads: 1)
(2017-01-15, 8:37)Damien Roux Wrote: Here is your part.

Copy the two files in your LGEO library.

Don't forget to add this in your ldraw.xml file :
        <Element>   
            <LDrawFilename>888001.dat</LDrawFilename>
            <POVName>lg_888001</POVName>
            <POVName Alternate="Clear">lg_888001_clear</POVName>
            <Dependency>LGDefs</Dependency>
            <POVFilename>lg_888001.inc</POVFilename>
            <MatrixRef>LGEOTransform</MatrixRef>
        </Element>

BTW, I will not do non-LEGO parts anymore, I did that one because I told you so, but that's it.

Thank you, really very grateful for your help!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »