BL part numbers

BL part numbers
Do we add the BL part number as a keyword if it differs from the LDraw number?  If not, I think we should since Peeron is effectively dead and BL is the only game in town as far as set inventories go.
RE: BL part numbers
(2016-10-22, 3:17)Orion Pobursky Wrote: Do we add the BL part number as a keyword if it differs from the LDraw number?  If not, I think we should since Peeron is effectively dead and BL is the only game in town as far as set inventories go.

This is I think a very good idea, and I would suggest to do it systematically even if the part has already the same number as BL.

Also the entire library should also be modified to have this BL number.
(2016-10-24, 8:44)Damien Roux Wrote: This is I think a very good idea, and I would suggest to do it systematically even if the part has already the same number as BL.

Also the entire library should also be modified to have this BL number.

I agree that it is a good idea. Nonetheless I'm gonna veto on the request to modify the entire library. I just wanna remind you that we had no updates for two years because of the license issue and the subsequent modification of all headers. If we add BL from now on while the patterns go through the PT I'm fine, otherwise just forget about it.

w.
LEGO ergo sum
(2016-10-22, 3:17)Orion Pobursky Wrote: Do we add the BL part number as a keyword if it differs from the LDraw number? 

There is already a small group of parts that have a keyword "Bricklink XXX "
Only 17 examples exists today. Four of them have been made official parts.

We have ~2725 parts using the word Pattern in the description.
Is there anyone who would want to do that job and recreate the link between LDraw and Bricklink pattern numbers? I don't.

Why  should we favor Bricklink numbers? I think we should work on the LEGO-Ldraw connection instead.
(2016-10-24, 19:14)Willy Tschager Wrote: w.

That would be a hell of a job yes. but quite useful.

Maybe it already exist some kind of a transcode table between ldraw and bricklink somewhere, I don't know.
Quote:Maybe it already exist some kind of a transcode table between ldraw and bricklink somewhere, I don't know.
According to Merlijn, Rebrickable does have such a database, see
http://forums.ldraw.org/thread-21860-pos...l#pid23567
(2016-10-24, 19:41)Magnus Forsberg Wrote:
(2016-10-22, 3:17)Orion Pobursky Wrote: Do we add the BL part number as a keyword if it differs from the LDraw number? 

There is already a small group of parts that have a keyword "Bricklink XXX "
Only 17 examples exists today. Four of them have been made official parts.

We have ~2725 parts using the word Pattern in the description.
Is there anyone who would want to do that job and recreate the link between LDraw and Bricklink pattern numbers? I don't.

Why  should we favor Bricklink numbers? I think we should work on the LEGO-Ldraw connection instead.

I agree not retroactively processing the entire library. My thoughts were more to current and future parts on the PT
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »