Quick reply breaks threading in hybrid view

Quick reply breaks threading in hybrid view
Quick reply breaks threading in the hybrid view.  How should it behave?  Thoughts?
RE: Quick reply breaks threading in hybrid view
(2016-09-23, 3:21)Orion Pobursky Wrote: Quick reply breaks threading in the hybrid view.  How should it behave?  Thoughts?
As far as I can tell, the "new reply" button does the same. Either remove both, or live with that...
A loosely related issue is that hitting "reply" button below a post (only way to maintain threading) does an extensive quote of previous message, giving unwieldy long posts if users don't carefully prune quotations... If possible I'd remove this quote since it's the purpose of threading.
RE: Quick reply breaks threading in hybrid view
Killing the quote is also on my list.  If you need to quote something, there's a thread review at the bottom of the reply page.

I may just remove quick reply completely.  I've also toyed with ripping off the bandaid, getting rid of hybrid view, and going flat posting since that's what most younger users expect and like. I also doesn't help that threading will be removed in the new myBB version whenever that comes out (not that that will affect hybrid since it's a hack of flat posting).
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »