How to get a BOM from a an LDR file?

How to get a BOM from a an LDR file?
So I've spent a couple weeks modifying a MOC from someone to get the truck that I want. There are still likely some changes I'll want to make but they're going to be relatively small.

Now that I have the model completed? How can I generate a BOM to upload to BrinkLink?
If I try and import the ldr directly, bricklink flashes Null in Red at the top of the page and nothing verifies. I can upload it successfully.

I've attached the ldr file so that someone that is willing to help can test it.

My suspicion is that it might be unofficial parts in the model so I'm going to try and take out what I think might be causing the problem and retry.

Thanks,
Darren

Attached Files
.ldr   peterbilt389_darren_LDCad.ldr (Size: 97.77 KB / Downloads: 1)
RE: How to get a BOM from a an LDR file?
What I usually do is to import the LDraw file in a new 'private moc' at Rebrickable.com. It has quite an extensive mapping between bricklink and LDraw part numbers and it shows you if there are any color errors (parts in non-existing colors). After importing, you can export to a variety of formats including BrickLink.

One note: it seems Rebrickable chokes on LDCad's Power Function template parts, so you should temporarily remove those from the model and add them manually to the parts list.

Alternatively, you can also import the LDraw file into Brickstock, but it doesn't have the above mentioned parts mapping, so you have to do some manual remapping (when importing, brickstock ask you for every 'unknown' part which one it should be).
(2016-07-13, 6:48)Merlijn Wissink Wrote: What I usually do is to import the LDraw file in a new 'private moc' at Rebrickable.com. It has quite an extensive mapping between bricklink and LDraw part numbers and it shows you if there are any color errors (parts in non-existing colors). After importing, you can export to a variety of formats including BrickLink.

One note: it seems Rebrickable chokes on LDCad's Power Function template parts, so you should temporarily remove those from the model and add them manually to the parts list.

Alternatively, you can also import the LDraw file into Brickstock, but it doesn't have the above mentioned parts mapping, so you have to do some manual remapping (when importing, brickstock ask you for every 'unknown' part which one it should be).
Thanks Merlijn.
I have Brickstock installed and tied what you suggested last night. Which did exactly what you said it was going to do and choked on a number of parts. It was really late already so I gave up. I did swap out one part in the ldr for a valid part and resubmitted the modified ldr. When I did that, it got past that part but found other invalid parts.

Although it seems to be more work this way, I think I'm going to repeat that process and modify the parts in the ldr.

Thanks so much again for your help. This community is amazing.

Darren
Merlijn, you were right. I actually did it both ways. Uploading to Rebrickable.com and using BrickStock. I should have tried Rebrickable first. That's a way simpler process.
At any rate, thank you so much.
I'm just getting started and looking at rebrickable I cannot see how to "import the LDraw file in a new 'private moc' at Rebrickable.com." as mentioned above. Submitting a MOC seems to be for completed projects. Can you point me to some helpful information?
Thanx
Click "My Private MOCs" in your account menu top right. You can also visit http://rebrickable.com/myprivatemocs while signed in.
Thanx
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »