LPub3D 2.0 - "Failed to create CSI" - Empty PDF

LPub3D 2.0 - "Failed to create CSI" - Empty PDF
I've installed LPub3D version 2.0.2.721.2_20160624) and I'm attempting to generate a PDF. The PDF that is generated is empty. The behaviour I am encountering is;
(a) after trying to generate every page, it displays a dialog window titled "LPub3D" containing the message "Failed to create CSI".
(b) said dialog window is actually hidden under the "Print pdf" dialog window. You can't ALT-TAB to the dialog window in (a) nor can you actually see it unless you cunningly move the "Print pdf" dialog window. I say "cunning" because there is a limited time window when you can move the "Print pdf" window. Once dialog window (a) is displayed, it is too late to move dialog window (b). But, unfortunately, dialog window (a) is displayed underneath dialog window (b) and can't actually be seen!

I've attached a screenshot to try to illustrate what is occurring.

Two questions;
a) any suggestions as to what might be causing the "Failed to create CSI" dialog window and
b) can you somehow make the "Failed to create CSI" dialog appear on top of the "Print pdf"dialog so at least it can be seen.

Regards,

David
RE: LPub3D 2.0 - "Failed to create CSI" - Empty PDF
I get exactly the same problem Sad
Idem if I create a png instead of a pdf.
And then it crashes on exit (minidump attached)

Attached Files
.zip   minidump.zip (Size: 17.55 KB / Downloads: 1)
(2016-06-27, 12:55)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: I get exactly the same problem Sad
Idem if I create a png instead of a pdf.
And then it crashes on exit (minidump attached)

My apologies - I forgot to remove some testing code  Blush

This was not a bug. The test routine specifically did not allow the generation of CSI images. I could not reproduce the crash.

I've uploaded version 2.0.3 which resolves this issue and a few other under-the-hood items.

Cheers,
(2016-06-27, 8:43)David Manley Wrote: Two questions;
a) any suggestions as to what might be causing the "Failed to create CSI" dialog window and
b) can you somehow make the "Failed to create CSI" dialog appear on top of the "Print pdf"dialog so at least it can be seen.

Regards,

David

David - I've corrected this issue in version 2.0.3. You can download or update from the menu if you are running version 2.0.2.

a) Yes - I know exactly what was causing this message and failure. A test routing I overlooked removing before release - sorry  Blush
b) The operating system manages how windows are ordered. It is not a good practice to force an override. Moreover even if I provide the OS a hint to put a specific window on top, chances are the buttons will not function and so you'll have the even more annoying behavior of a window on top that you cannot close because the window's buttons have not been given precedence over the window's objects it is overriding. Anyway, the "Failed to create CSI" message should not normally appear. It was part of a validation routine. Usually if you click Alt+Tab you can see all open windows. You can use these key strokes if you are seeing behavior that appear to have windows hiding.
Much better Wink
Still have a crash on exit, not really annoying...
(2016-06-28, 15:12)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: Much better Wink
Still have a crash on exit, not really annoying...

Ok - if you isolate the source please let me know...

Cheers,
[attachment=2353 Wrote:Trevor Sandy pid='22281' dateline='1467122818']

Regards,

David

David - I've corrected this issue in version 2.0.3. You can download or update from the menu if you are running version 2.0.2.

a) Yes - I know exactly what was causing this message and failure. A test routing I overlooked removing before release - sorry  Blush
b) The operating system manages how windows are ordered. It is not a good practice to force an override. Moreover even if I provide the OS a hint to put a specific window on top, chances are the buttons will not function and so you'll have the even more annoying behavior of a window on top that you cannot close because the window's buttons have not been given precedence over the window's objects it is overriding. Anyway, the "Failed to create CSI" message should not normally appear. It was part of a validation routine. Usually if you click Alt+Tab you can see all open windows. You can use these key strokes if you are seeing behavior that appear to have windows hiding.

Hi Trevor,

thank you for version 2.0.3. Like Philo, I can confirm that the issue has been resolved and PDF generates successfully.

Regarding the dialog window (and perhaps it is moot for the moment given 2.0.3 addressed the issue). I think it is something to do with the mode that is specified for the LPub3D Print dialog. When I had the issue in 2.0.2, I did try using ALT+TAB to cycle to the dialog window under the LPub3D "Print pdf" dialog window but it would not bring the error window to the front. As an example (and refer to the attached screenshot), using version 2.0.3, I used ALT+TAB to switch to my browser once the LPub3D "Print pdf" dialog window was showing. I would have expected the LPub3D dialog window to have gone behind the browser window. Instead, although the browser window has the current focus, the greyed out LPub3D dialog window is displaying on top of the browser window.

Regards,

David

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(2016-06-28, 23:24)David Manley Wrote:
(2016-06-28, 14:06)Trevor Sandy Wrote:

Regards,

David

Hi Trevor,

thank you for version 2.0.3. Like Philo, I can confirm that the issue has been resolved and PDF generates successfully.

Regarding the dialog window (and perhaps it is moot for the moment given 2.0.3 addressed the issue). I think it is something to do with the mode that is specified for the LPub3D Print dialog. When I had the issue in 2.0.2, I did try using ALT+TAB to cycle to the dialog window under the LPub3D "Print pdf" dialog window but it would not bring the error window to the front. As an example (and refer to the attached screenshot), using version 2.0.3, I used ALT+TAB to switch to my browser once the LPub3D "Print pdf" dialog window was showing. I would have expected the LPub3D dialog window to have gone behind the browser window. Instead, although the browser window has the current focus, the greyed out LPub3D dialog window is displaying on top of the browser window.

Regards,

David

David - I take your point. Indeed, I did set the modality of the progress bar dialog to block input to other windows. While I did not see a downside to this configuration, perhaps I did not look at enough scenarios. I'll try the next update of LPub3D with the progress bar dialog as nonmodal. 

Cheers,
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »