View recent posts

View recent posts
The thing I really miss in the new forum is the "view recent posts" I had previously. The "view new posts" is much too volatile (if you get interrupted before seeing everything, you lose the rest). "View Today's Posts" is a bit better, but has still short memory. For a forum like this with relatively low volume, it could easily span several days (or more on several pages).

But what I miss even more in "view new posts" and "View Today's Posts" is to be able to directly see posts and not threads! Here I am sure to miss valuable contributions. I searched in settings, but found nothing to improve this behaviour.
RE: View recent posts
Click the Portal link on the top right. Is this what you want?
(2016-04-01, 16:07)Orion Pobursky Wrote: Click the Portal link on the top right. Is this what you want?

It's closer (infinite history), but it displays threads, not posts.
I'm missing this too, it has been my site entry (booklink) point for years.

Shouldn't be to complicated to add it's basiclly just a table of the recent posted messages titles.
Ok.  This isn't possible from within the forum system.  I wrote a small plugin to allow this but is does't work correctly and I'm waiting for some insight on the MyBB forums.
(2016-04-02, 2:26)Orion Pobursky Wrote: Ok.  This isn't possible from within the forum system.  I wrote a small plugin to allow this but is does't work correctly and I'm waiting for some insight on the MyBB forums.

Thanks in advance Smile
Update!

Plugin is live and working. Try it out by clicking on "View This Week's Posts". 

If you want more or less posts, do a custom daily search:
Code:
http://forums.ldraw.org/search.php?action=getdaily&days=<number of days>
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »