[LDView] PT LDview version

[LDView] PT LDview version
Travis,

A while ago we switched to ldview to render the Parts Tracker images. Do you remember what the library requirements for the executable were? I'd like to do something similar for the OMR, if possible.
Re: [LDView] PT LDview version
Most of the libraries it needs are relatively standard. However, it needs the osmesa version of Mesa. I built that myself for the part tracker version. The Makefile (on the part tracker machine; not checked into CVS) has a pair.com-specific section that configures things to use the locally built Mesa library. Based purely on what's in the Makefile and not memory, it needs the following libraries:

gl2ps, png, z, OSMesa, GLU, glapi, jpeg, tinyxml

I think it will automatically try to build gl2ps and tinyxml from source checked into the LDView tree. I could be wrong about that, but the source for them is definitely in the tree.
Well that probably strikes out any attempt by me to use LDView. Oh well.
Perhaps a little of topic for this thread, but could the HTML parts list generated by LDView also made to be able to render part images? There are many broken links to the Peeron database nowadays and I often make use of this list.
It would be nice to have it show images of all parts.

Does Peeron have all images in all colors of parts that are in their database anyway or does it render on demand?
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
MPDCenter (which uses LDView rendering engine) is able to generate part lists with thumbnails. Load file in MPDCenter then Informations -> Inventory
Ah, OK. I've not used MPDCenter recently.
The images of the parts created are transparent and not all in the color the are in the model?
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
Quote:The images of the parts created are transparent
You mean, the background? Depends on LDView image save setup. Part color itself depends on LDView default color. I guess that if you want parts thumbnails to be using model color you'll have to ask Mike for this new feature Wink
Philippe Hurbain Wrote:
Quote:The images of the parts created are transparent
You mean, the background? Depends on LDView image save setup. Part color itself depends on LDView default color.
Ah, I see.
Philippe Hurbain Wrote:I guess that if you want parts thumbnails to be using model color you'll have to ask Mike for this new feature Wink
Mike? Please? :-)
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »