8464 - Front End Loader - error in model

8464 - Front End Loader - error in model
I'm new here and taking in an interest as I want to build some models then animate them in Blender.

Anyway - looking at the official models pack I opened the Front End Loader in MLCad and noticed a bug in the model - the pneumatic rams are not correctly located. MLCad gave me a warning dialog as I opened the file to say one or more parts has been upgraded to new versions so not sure if this is the cause.

What is the correct process for reporting this - I'm not yet feeling proficient to tackle fixing the model myself just yet.

Regards,

Tim.
Re: 8464 - Front End Loader - error in model
He is right all cylinders are slightly wrong local y-axis wise. I don't think it has anthing to do with MLCad though.

It seems the origin of those complete parts has been changed from the bottom anti studs to the technic connhole at some point.

edit: The pneumatic switch is wrong too.
The pneumatic cylinders have been on PT for ages, then it was decided to change origin. I advocated to keep compatibility but it was decided otherwise... Now unofficial files should ALWAYS be included in OMR conform files!
Looks like the axles holding the bucket are missing too.
This error has been detected at least once before.
Is'nt it strange that so many models are enclosed in AIOI, without any review process?
I didn't get it from the AIOI (which I did use by the way) but rather as a separate optional download of what subsequently surprised me as a rather small set of OMR compliant models. Maybe I'm missing something and the AIOI put them somewhere I've yet to find. I opened 8464 it as it was the only technic model included in the package.

It was only afterwards I found the posts in this thread on the forum had so many treasures. Now I find there's lots of OMR compliant files here in the forum, notably the 2015 Technic range which is a fantastic piece of work. My impression now is that the forum itself is the catalogue of models and the best place to look for any OMR compliant model that may exist since the download has so few, and in particular so few 'complex' models with the odd exception like the UCS Millennium Falcon which is another gem.

Tim.
Yes, but please keep in mind that a file being OMR compliant doesn't mean it is put together correctly.
As far as I know, there isn't any review process of the model in a OMR compliant file.
Should there be one?
No, 'cos unfortunately we have no MT in place. But seriously, I agree that releasing a part with flaws is a drama, but not a model. If it's OMR it's good enough.

w.
LEGO ergo sum
Tim Williams Wrote:I didn't get it from the AIOI (which I did use by the way) but rather as a separate optional download of what subsequently surprised me as a rather small set of OMR compliant models. Maybe I'm missing something and the AIOI put them somewhere I've yet to find. I opened 8464 it as it was the only technic model included in the package.

I just updated the file to the version you can find in the AIOI 2015-01.

w.
LEGO ergo sum
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »