LDraw.org 2015-01 Parts Update Now Available

LDraw.org 2015-01 Parts Update Now Available
The 2015-01 LDraw Parts Update has been now been released. This adds 502 new files to the core library, including 338 new parts and 34 new primitives. This update includes an unusually large, but welcome, proportion of improved and corrected parts. This is largely due to the work of Roland Melkert with the 'libfix version' of LDCad. Significant effort has also been expended by Magnus Forsberg to inline dithered colour subfiles (a now obsolete technique). Most of the obsoleted subfiles will be released in a future update.

Thanks are once again due to all the part authors who created or corrected parts for this release. The reviewers also play an important role in keeping files moving through the tracker and deserve just as much credit. Whilst I can see the attraction of working on new parts, it is slightly disappointing to me that the number of parts held for further work is not decreasing.

With the main LDraw website currently out of commission, you can preview the new parts in 2015-01 here, download the zip-file update here or download the Windows install package here. Alternatively you can use the LDView menu option File | Check for Library Updates... to install the update.

Once again, no new "Physical colour" parts are included in this update as we still intend to move these to a separate section of the LDraw file structure, to more closely fit with the "DesignID" vs. "ItemID" concept. A number of such parts on the Parts Tracker are awaiting admin review, but will not be released until this concept has been implemented. I am conscious that support for texture maps also needs to be added to the Parts Tracker and have that on my to-do list.

This update has only just kept pace with the number of new files submitted since Parts Update 2014-02 was released in December 2014. I'd like to repeat my appeal for authors and reviewers to try and reduce the backlog of held or insufficiently reviewed parts. Let's see if we can certify enough of these for the traditional end-of-year holiday season update.
Chris (LDraw Parts Library Admin)
Re: LDraw.org 2015-01 Parts Update Now Available
Thank you very much for your efforts to make this update and I try to follow your suggestion.
The following parts need renaming as they do not follow the pattern of "Figure Friends <Part Description>":

97781.dat - Friends Cutlery Fork
97782.dat - Friends Cutlery Knife
97790.dat - Friends Frying Pan
93094.dat - Friends Lipstick with Light Bluish Grey Handle
97787.dat - Friends Spatula with 3 Holes

w.
LEGO ergo sum
The following parts need renaming as they do not carry the SW acronym:

3815csk.dat - Minifig Hips and Legs with Stormtrooper Pattern
3815psk.dat - Minifig Hips with Stormtrooper Pattern
3817psk.dat - Minifig Leg Left with Stormtrooper Pattern
3816psk.dat - Minifig Leg Right with Stormtrooper Pattern

w.
LEGO ergo sum
Would it be possible to have all of these fast-tracked through the PT by Admin?
Yes - I am happy to fast-track description changes
The complete.zip still contains the NonCAreadme.txt file, which is no longer necessary. Since we are there: Chris, we shipped a LDrawParts.exe back in the days, what happened to that installer?

w.
LEGO ergo sum
I have now deleted NonCAreadme.txt from complete.exe.

We still do ship LDrawParts.exe. What makes you think we don't? The latest LDrawYYRR.exe is a symbolic link to that.
Now that the main website is back you can preview the new parts in 2015-01 and download the update from the Latest Parts page.
Chris Dee Wrote:What makes you think we don't? The latest LDrawYYRR.exe is a symbolic link to that.

Silly me, I was looking at the Download page which somehow is a real mess. We have to reorganize that stuff. :-(

w.
LEGO ergo sum
Yuk - that is a mess. This is a nice place to look.
Hi, the main page still says 2014-xx for the latest parts update - can somebody correct that?
I think right now nobody really notices that there has been an update Smile Smile
Done!
Nobody?

The release is announced both at Brickset and Eurobricks
And on TechnicBricks, and FreeLUG...
good! I was happy when seeing the update Smile
Okay. I rearranged things a little bit. Hope it is clearer now.

w.
LEGO ergo sum
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »