LDCad reset grid plane/axis

LDCad reset grid plane/axis
Hello, I'm new to these forums and LDraw Editors in general. I've been using LDCad 1.4 and am really liking it. Is there a way to reset the grid plane/axis to the "default" orientation? I haven't been able to find anything, sorry if I've missed it, I've devoured a lot of information about all this stuff over the past week and could have missed it. Smile Thanks!
Re: LDCad reset grid plane/axis
Do you mean resetting the relative grid or parts already placed ?

To reset the relative grid press 'o' (orientation) while nothing is selected and the mouse cursor is inside the editing view.
To align a selection to the current grid press home, or shift+home to align on all 3 axis.
To reset the rotation of a selection press ctrl+home.
I'm guessing it's the relative grid, not the individual parts, or a better way to say it would be the camera control. For clarification, when a new model is created the axis of the compass are in a "default" orientation. I'd like to know if there's a way to get the axis for the camera control/relative grid (?) back to the default orientation that's present when you create a new model. After rotating around and moving stuff it sometimes gets confusing what the "default" view is (again, I'm new and still learning so maybe I'm missing something Smile). This view seems to be carried over for instructions and I'd just like to make sure stuff is oriented correctly. Hopefully that makes sense.
Ah you mean the camera view upon the scene.

In the zoomed compass a right click will open the editing views menu which holds the 'view angle' submenu. With that menu you can reset the camera in a number of default states.

If you don't like the general behavior of the camera control you could also set it into the alternative 'spin' mode by clicking the 'TBL' text in the right bottom of the compass. This will enable a more user friendly (but limited) camera control.

Hope this is what you were looking for.
I don't remember if the option is there in 1.4, but in 1.5 alpha, you can reset viewing orientation with View -> Editing View -> View Angle -> Left 45 deg (3D)
Thanks Roland and Philippe! That's what I was looking for. In 1.4, either from the View menu or after right-clicking the zoomed compass (hover mouse over it) it's "View Angle > Left 45 deg" (or whichever view option you want).

As far as the trackball camera goes, I like it! Smile

Thanks again guys!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »