LDView camera requests

LDView camera requests
1. Travis, could you maybe add a "Walk mode" with standard first-person shooter controls? You could maybe replace the "Fly-through" mode since it's not quite as useful.
2. The "w" key in "Fly-through" mode is way too sensitive when viewing large models. If you just tap it it jumps waaay far ahead. Could you set it to a fixed speed regardless of size, or make it adjustable? (Also see number 4.)
3. Please, please, please add an option to zoom all the way in to the center in "Examine mode".
4. Could you make it so we can adjust the camera speeds ourselves? This would sorta be like adjusting the step sizes in MLCad.

So much thanks!

[edit]

5. Allow us to plug our own camera and light positions and save them to a "Preference set".
6. An Orthographic mode.
7. Could you please add some crosshairs to the center of the screen so we know exactly where we're aiming the camera?
Re: LDView camera requests
Given how little I've worked on LDView recently, it's unlikely I'll implement these things.
  1. Walk is already on my to-do list, but probably won't ever happen, unless someone else takes over LDView development.
  2. The movement in fly mode tries to adjust its speed based on how fast or slow the model draws. Obviously, it doesn't really work very well.
  3. Look in the LDView help file for the ZoomMax setting.
  4. I'm not sure what you mean by this.
  5. Seems reasonable, but not likely to be done by me.
  6. Also on my to-do list, also not likely to happen by me. Note that setting the camera field of view to 0.1 produces output that is very close to what a true orthographic mode would be. As a side note, you can effectively zoom in a lot further with this FOV.
  7. This would be straightforward, if I were working on LDView.
I apologize, but given how little time I've spent on LDView over the past 5 years, I have to be realistic. If anyone is interested in taking over the project, please contact me.
Re: LDView camera requests
I'm sorry to hear that you're so busy. Sad

Thanks for pointing out the ZoomMax setting.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »