MPDCenter question

MPDCenter question
Michael Heidemann Wrote:You can use MPDCenter to combine what you need into one single LDR file!
But there is no possibility to split that file later again into its components.
So for viewing purpose you can have what you like.

Which command do I use to do this?

[edit]

I checked your website and did not find directions there either.

[edit]

I figured out how to do it.

I have a suggestion though: When extracting the "Selected in LDR inlined", could you copy the filename of the model into the save/load dialog that pops up? I keep forgetting and thus have to close the dialog, copy the filename, then open the dialog again and paste. Thanks.

Also a question: Does MPDCenter work from the command line? I have over a hundred models to inline and writing a batch script would make things much easier.
Re: MPDCenter bug
The attached file has an "MLCAD hide" line in it. When inlining the model and then loading the inlined version in MLCAD, MLCAD spawns an error saying it is missing a part. Not sure which application is the one behaving improperly.

Attached Files
.mpd   vehicle_045_redpassengertrain.mpd (Size: 25.22 KB / Downloads: 0)
I just got an error while trying to inline Datsville:

Error in cls_Ldraw_collection add

It continues to run afterwards, but I'm worried.

[edit]

After a while the error appears again, etc.
I am really sorry to answer so late, but I did not see your post before.

I'll investigate.
I think both applications do the correct. Please remind the following:
In MLCAD you decided to not show the model "vehicle_045_DB425SharedWheelset.ldr".
This results in a comment line with MLCAD HIDE metacommand.

MPDCenter only works according the line types.
So there is a comment line with a file name and this comment line will be exported in exactly the same format - comment.
A comment can not be inlined!

As a result you will have a file with a comment line that has a filename in the comment and MLCAD assume that this might be shown later but is not available.

I think MPDCenter should not support all the possible metacommands from other applications.

I hope this answers your question :-)
Re: MPDCenter question
Code:
I have a suggestion though: When extracting the "Selected in LDR inlined", could you copy the filename of the model into the save/load dialog that pops up? I keep forgetting and thus have to close the dialog, copy the filename, then open the dialog again and paste. Thanks.

This is already just coded and will be available in the next build.

Code:
Does MPDCenter work from the command line? I have over a hundred models to inline and writing a batch script would make things much easier.

It will not at present and I am also not sure that I should do it in the future. But this is not a "never" ;-)
I just investigated and found that datsville is maybe too large for MPDCenter.

I get an error for "System.OutOfMemoryException". I fear, that this project is just too huge. Sorry.

Because I did not had such error in earlier applications, I do not have an idea how to minimize the usage significant.

Maybe it works if you work with the layers instead the whole city. :-)

Edit:
Currently I am running datsville in MPDCenter without changing anything at the code. I just disabled the preview picture.
Hopefully this will run smooth until the end.
Michael Heidemann Wrote:I get an error for "System.OutOfMemoryException". I fear, that this project is just too huge. Sorry.

Because I did not had such error in earlier applications, I do not have an idea how to minimize the usage significant.
Can't you make a 64 bit version?

Alternatively you might want to check dynamic arrays of records, those might cause heap fragmentation when they use large records.

You can limit that effect by setting a larger starting size (reserve) or even better by using pointer arrays instead.

Just my 2cts
Thank you very much for your 2ct Smile

64bit version is not possible, because I do not have a library for showing the models that can use 64bit.

I think I have detected just such an array as the cause of this and running at present a test. Smile

So I might be on the right way. Thank you.

cu
Mike

Edit:
It is now 20:18 in germany and datsville is still running without error messages. I think it is now half done.
It is finished now without any error.
The trick is to disable the preview image. Then it runs on my system without any error also with datville.

Attached Files
.ldr   datsville.ldr (Size: 7.96 MB / Downloads: 0)
Okay, thank you!
I was just on the code of MPDCenter to see what can be done to help you.

Then I saw that I need more information what should be done.
1) Are all files you like to convert mpd content files?
2) Then I assume the first model in the file should be inlined into a ldr-file?
3) Should any more be done with the files (check for license or similar)?

I am looking forward to your additional information.
1) I have been using both LDR and MPD files at different times.
2) I think so, yes.
3) No.
Ok, then I know hopefully what to do Smile

I'll keep you informed.

cu
Mike
Hi Michael,
please send me an email to my account, so I am able to send the last build (looks good so far) directly to you for testing.

You will find my emailaddress on the hopepage of my applications.

I am looking forward to your email :-)

cu
Mike
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »